Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
SRS Robothon 2015 - Page 2 — Parallax Forums

SRS Robothon 2015

2»

Comments

• Wow Rich! You took 22 pictures of just my table, I take that as a big compliment! This was before I was involved with Minds-i so it is fischertechnik, Legos, Parallax, Lynxmotion and a few odd robots. This is one of my favorites. this little guy kept walking the Alpha Rex back and forth across the table by putting his hand in front of the sonar. I could see his mental wheels turning.
    600 x 402 - 91K
  • WhitWhit Posts: 4,191
    edited 2015-09-09 19:44
    Many of the posts in this thread prove that erco is a trouble maker - par excellence - of course. ;-)

How about a competition like this to combine all of erco's loves - has everything but twins!

• That is totally amazing! I watched it several times. I really am wanting to either buy or build a humanoid robot but they are soooo expensive. I do have the Lynxmotion Scout but have not had time since I bought it to program it. It is at least half a bioloid.
  • ercoerco Posts: 20,248
    Trouble maker? Moi?

That video is several years old, but still an amazing robot. Hmmm... as far as tiny bikes go, it might be easier for me to learn to ride the bike below than build such a robot!

• Hmmmmm? How about a unicycle? It wouldn't be that much different than a segway robot. Maybe I should start a challenge? After Oct. 10th when Robothon is over of course. Would anybody be interested if I was to start the challenge?
  • Who has the most unicycles that we know of? A guy named Ken comes to mind. :)
    645 x 1000 - 1M
    See also:
    Sadly, I'm out for Robothon. I've got a few hot jobs right now and can't spare the time. I had a killer last-minute idea for the U-turn walking race though. I'll cobble that up later when I get a chance. I think that's a great contest format and we should get a challenge thread going. Tommy has already "spread the figure 8 gospel" at robot rebels, so the more players and common goals, the better.

Carol, have a great show and I will see you at Robothon in a year or two. Will be expecting lots of photos & videos!
  • There will be of course an article in Robot about it. But I will also post a lot online after the event.