Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Tripod Bot — Parallax Forums

Tripod Bot

ercoerco Posts: 20,250
edited 2015-08-20 04:48 in Robotics
Simple and pretty cool, looks like just 3 servos. Although that rapid flutter motion must be hard on a servo.

Comments

• It looks a little like CrabFu's swashbot http://www.crabfu.com/swashbot/swashbot1.html
  • ercoerco Posts: 20,250
    XLNT, thanks MH. I was looking for tripod bots. Crabfu is awesome!
  • I also thought of swashbot.

I think the date of the video makes it pretty obvious it's a swashbot clone. It would have been nice if the guy mentioned swashbot.

I think the swashbots are cool little robots but I'm not a big fan of the motion.

I suppose one could make a three legged bot with 3dof legs which moved the CG over two of the legs and then slid the third leg in the direction of travel. It would probably have a hard time on carpet or rough surfaces.
    I'm hot on tripod and diamond quadropeds with new gaits.
    BTW it's nice to hear from you guys again. Between the forum changes and vacation, it feels like it's been a while since we all dove into a project together. Maybe we need a new challenge. Figure 1? Figure 0? :)
  • Erco, I've been quiet because work has been crazy, and the new forum had Android issues. But it looks like the edit control now works on Android. Hurray.

BTW I believe that we already have an outstanding challenge, and I am the only person to complete it. Let's see your mobile tower of Hanoi robot!
    Onnit, Dawg!