Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
iRobot Mower — Parallax Forums

Comments

• I have 2 acres with about 150 trees and other interesting obstacles to mow around if they want a REAL LIFE test track to practice on.

It now takes me about 3 hours on a zero turn mower without bagging.
  • Hi
    It's good to hear that IRobot was able to get some approvals on a robotic lawnmower.
    Who would guess it would take Years to get approval for something like this.

The IRobot Scooba looked like trouble when I saw it, so I did not purchase one.
    It looked like you would spend more time cleaning the Roomba floor scrubber than it would take
    to actually scrub your floor.

HOWEVER:
    I did purchase two of the Roomba vacuums.
    The 1st one worked very good for about 6 months.
    Then the battery failed.
    I took that one apart to see if I could use any components.
    Every thing from Roomba #1 is in a parts box.
    Connectors were something I could not deal with at the time I took it apart.

Roomba #2 also worked good for about 6 months.
    Then Battery failed.
    Roomba #2 sits in a corner until I can figure out how to build a replacement battery/regulator etc.
    to make it work reliably.

With that said,
    I REALLY like the Roomba floor cleaning algorithm.
    I could spread a bowl of cheerios on the floor throughout my living room and within about 30 minutes
    it picked up every bit of cheerio I had spread there.

With a robotic lawnmower, It sounds like an above ground SIMPLE system that controls boundarys would
    be a good thing.

I've been attempting to design something to cut my lawn for a number of years.
    I'm doing that 0ne step at a time and am very far from getting anything to work.

If price is right, and IRobot uses same algorithm as the floor cleaning vacuum, I'm thinking I would spend
    up to $1000 US to purchase one.
    REALLY;
    What are the chances of that happening.

Sorry about my spelling here, I don't know where a spell checker is.

Just my opinion and comments.
    Thanks

Garyg