Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
So Just how does one set preferences? — Parallax Forums

So Just how does one set preferences?

Maybe I missed something, but I can find nowhere to set preferences. Did I miss a quick start guide or user guide of some sort?

Comments

• evanhevanh Posts: 15,192
    After login, click on your name at the top and then click "Edit Profile". From there is a few different options on the left.
  • I couldn't find the option that chooses default sorting order, which is what I'm thinking Frank was asking about.
  • Heater.Heater. Posts: 21,230
    Damned if I can find it now. I did set it some time ago. Can't find it again.
  • That is in the thread itself. Just underneath the original post.

As long as you are logged in, and have cookies enabled, it should remember your sort preference.
    No it is not. Not in the mobile view on my phone anyway.
    Also. On this Samsung Galaxy phone if I select "normal" view then I do see the order by option. But it seems to not remeber I have already selected previosly set "Order by date". I tried selecting it again to be sure, it forgot again!
  • I'm on a Mac (Safari), and I sure don't see any way to set sort order.
    Kenny
  • First, you are correct in that it does not appear in mobile view. There is already an issue on the topic of sorting by type, so I tacked this on to our internal tracking as an FYI for the IT guys.

Second, my iPhone remembers my preferences without problem. I cannot say for certain why your Samsung phone doesn't remember your settings, I'll leave that to IT to figure out as they address mobile features.

Also, general questions get general answers. My answer was correct for non-mobile views. I cannot know what device you browse on until you specify it. To avoid confusion, please always include that information in your forum issue reports or questions if it may be relevant.
  • Here is a screenshot of Safari on my co-worker's Mac with the sorting selections highlighted.

This is exactly the same method of choosing a sort preference as other non-mobile browsers.

307609c7302f0229827e175c4362a7.png
    836 x 622 - 91K
    Grrr...it's very confusing. Just now I see this under the first post:
    9 Comments sorted by Date Added

Does that mean I should hit "Date Added" to get that or that "Data Added" is already the selected mode?

• Date added is selected.
    So I understand. Maybe I'm dumb but it seems hardly obvious. 
  • Whether something is obvious or not is subjective.

When in doubt, ask. I do try to help if I can; I try to find someone else to help if I cannot.
    Courtney,
    I can admit to be dumb and confused in this case.
    "Whether something is obvious or not is subjective."
    No, it is not.
    If you show the same thing to many people and some of them get it and some of them do not. Then you have a ratio that tells you how obvious that thing was. That is an objective measurement of the obviousness of the thing.
    Advertisers, psychologists, UI designers have known this for decades.

• I appreciate your position, Heater, but it has nothing to do with the original post or my offer of assistance for users with questions. I am uninterested in debate, and this is an inappropriate location to attempt it in. Please create a new thread if you wish to debate your point with others; as long as interactions remain civil.

This thread has resulted in an issue report, and so is now being sunk unless other relevant information regarding the original post merits its position being restored. If baiting behaviour or negative discussion is noted, I will then lock it and/or perform other moderation as necessary.
    Sorry, that was somewhat of topic.
    However, are you suggesting that my observations, reports and comments are "baiting"?