Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Forum Issue: Still No Advanced Search? Issue Priority List? — Parallax Forums

Forum Issue: Still No Advanced Search? Issue Priority List?

Sorry to start a new thread. Maybe my old thread was sunk, dunno. I searched for it, but regular search couldn't find it. It gave me every post with the word advanced in it. Quite useless, to be sure.
Is there an updated, published list in the forum of what issues will be addressed, and what their priority and ETA is? Frankly, it's hard to remain blindly optimistic forever. We're burning daylight here.

Comments

• Phil Pilgrim (PhiPi)Phil Pilgrim (PhiPi) Posts: 23,514
    edited 2015-07-21 02:58
    Given that the prior forum's search feature was pretty worthless, too, I'm not sure that waiting after the fact of a too-hasty upgrade is that much worse than waiting before the fact of a better-planned one. But, yeah, let's make it a top priority, guys! Enquiring minds just wanna find stuff! :)
    -Phil
  • Considering the fact that many of the needed changes are simple and seemingly could be done in minutes, it's easy to believe that nothing is ever going to get fixed. As if the hope is that we will all just forget about it.
  • Still the best way to search this, (and the last), forum is:
    <search criteria> site:forums.parallax.com

on google.
  • No issues will be given priority on the list I keep in the Announcements forum.

Demanding that Bump make certain things priority is not going to make him work any faster on fixing issues. As I have stated before, issues will be fixed in a timely manner but with one person working on them, they may take time.

I cannot do anything about this situation, please have patience. This thread will be sunk as there are no new issues to log.
  • jmgjmg Posts: 15,148
    Still the best way to search this, (and the last), forum is:
    <search criteria> site:forums.parallax.com
    on google.

Is there any way to Thread-constrain that google search ?

It seems to trawl all posts, over all time, making it rather useless.
    The old search was primitive, but I think allowed to search inside a thread, and by Author.

The new search is totally busted.
  • jmgjmg Posts: 15,148
    Demanding that Bump make certain things priority is not going to make him work any faster on fixing issues. As I have stated before, issues will be fixed in a timely manner but with one person working on them, they may take time.

Of course, but Bump must know what he is working on, surely ?
  • Bump absolutely knows what he is working on and reports to his team leader. In addition, he also has work to do on projects that are not the forums. We all wear quite a lot of hats in this building. Rest assured you are not being ignored or set aside. Work continues.
    Thank you for your patience.