Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Looking for a VCP200 (simple speech recognition) — Parallax Forums

Looking for a VCP200 (simple speech recognition)

I have spent quite some time searching for this little bugger, but without luck. I know there are much better ways for simple speech recognition these days, but fell in love with this chip after I heard about it. Someone muht have one carrying some dust, please let me know.
George

Comments

• ercoerco Posts: 20,254
    OMG I actually have one somewhere. Prolly take me a while to find it.
  • Wow, that would be really cool... Hope you can find some time to have a look. Not urgent ;-)
    Cheers,
    George
    Still looking. Just back from vaca and I'm buried with jobs, a good problem.Will take a while to find, if you need asap see http://www.ebay.com/itm/VCP200-Voice-control-IC-/191655284845?hash=item2c9f8b906d
  • Thnx, Erco. That chip on Ebay is rather expensive for a chip that not many people will use, from the Eighties. And the costs for sending are even higher, it would end up on a bizar price of over USD 43... I can't imagine that's what you would ask for it, so if you can find it someday once you have more time, think of this forum. I don't need it ASAP at all ;-)
    edited 2015-08-23 15:41
    Same seller relisted at $10... and I just found mine tonite. PM me, you're in Belgium, IIRC?