Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Another Contest!!!! — Parallax Forums

Another Contest!!!!

rjo__rjo__ Posts: 2,114
edited 2015-07-17 12:06 in Propeller 2
The idea is to design and build a board that properly mates a BeMicroCVA9 through the 80 pin connector (54 user io's) to a Parallax Propeller_1_2_3 board through the 42 pin hacker port at the top of the Propeller_1_2_3.  First board wins a Parallax Propeller_1_2_3.  The second board submitted will also win a Parallax Propeller_1_2_3 if the designer can establish that his board is in any way superior to the first::)
Boards must be submitted in duplicate and will not be returned:)

Prizes depend upon availability... alternative Parallax products may be substituted, if Propeller_1_2_3 boards are no longer available.

Since I am no engineer... I would like someone at Parallax to judge the submissions for safety and integrity.  Any volunteers?

This offer expires on Nov. 17, 2015.

Rich

Comments

• rjo__rjo__ Posts: 2,114
    What would a contest be if there weren't a bunch of complicated rules.

Only two rules...It all has to be open source and has to come with documentation that an idiot could follow...How to install... be careful here... etc.

I am looking for a qualified judge.  He/She gets to keep one board.  I prefer someone at Parallax, but if we don't get a response ... first come first serve.  You should have been around for a while and have experience in both design and implementation of industrial products. 

Judging is simple ... "Could not be better"  "Really really nice"  "Nice" and "Not so nice but if you are careful it won't blow your  Propeller_1_2_3 board."

Extra points will be awarded to the judge for suggesting ways to improve the design or implementation.

• Actually, the nice thing about the 80-pin connector is that the BEMicro CV and the BEMicro Max10 could also be mated!
  • Rich,
    You might have stated that this is not a contest put on by Parallax, and that you are supplying the prizes.
    Seairth,

Yes... and that is one sweet little board.  But for my purposes, it will just sit there unless I break something else.  I want to use it!!!  And honestly, I wouldn't touch that Propeller_1_2_3 board.  There has been some conversation about putting the A9 on it.  Why change the design of the 1_2_3?  It looks just about perfect.  When you can just plug an CVA9 board into it?

Publison

Good point.  I have no financial interest or business relationship with Parallax.  I am just a very happy customer.

Rich

I just got my board... I have been talking about "42 pin header"... turns out it is 48.  I had actually counted the pins on the picture Ken posted...I counted 12 on each side and then later apparently reverse the 1 and 2 in twelve ... which would be 21... multiplied by 2 to give a total of 42:)... new experience for me:)
    edited 2015-07-17 15:15
    Seems to me a right angled header is required.and maybe an adapter to the clip that is already there... to keep it steady.
  • Cluso99Cluso99 Posts: 18,069
    Rich,
    I am not sure what you are suggesting to make. Could you perhaps draw a block diagram?
    had the flu:)  Potatohead cured it
    I be back