Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Layout on Galaxy S3 Phone — Parallax Forums

Layout on Galaxy S3 Phone

John AbshierJohn Abshier Posts: 1,116
edited 2015-07-07 23:18 in General Discussion
I guess I need to take notes or memory pills.  Last week I looked at the new forum on my phone (Galaxy S3) and thought that it looked better than on my tablet or desktop.  Mainly no white space.  Today I looked at the forum while waiting on the pharmacist.  It looks just like the desktop version, roughly 1/3 of the left side of the screen is white space.  When I got home I played around a little.  The layout changes if I go to portrait mode.  I don't think I did that last week, since landscape mode is the only way I use the phone on the web.
John Abshier

Comments

• GordonMcCombGordonMcComb Posts: 3,366
    edited 2015-07-08 00:43
    In its current incarnation, the (one) breakpoint for small screen mobile is only for portrait mode, something around 360 pixels or thereabouts. Your screen in landscape mode breaks at the same desktop view all of us poor slobs see when visiting on an old fashioned PC.
    (Note, there could be some variation with other mobile devices depending on DPI and/or user-agent. But basically, this theme uses a very simple responsive design that does the minimum job.)
  • Heater.Heater. Posts: 21,230
    edited 2015-07-08 07:24
    As I said before I my phone it's a totally different style. Much simplified with many redundant elements missing. You would not recognize it as the same site! 
    Works in portrait and landscape mode. 
    Hey. I just noticed the is a "full site" button at the bottom the page on the phone. I wonder what happens if I press that?
    OK, now I have the regular version of the site on the phone. The formatting is even more messed up than normal. Almost unreadable/usable in portrait mode as everything is squished up. Landscape is a bit better.