Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Forum Issue (Minor): Post Editing Grace Period — Parallax Forums

Forum Issue (Minor): Post Editing Grace Period

I think it's great to have the one hour post editing time limit removed.
I like having posts which have been edited marked as such but it would be nice if we had a few minutes after making a post to edit it before the "edited" label is applied.
I'm not sure what the time limit in the previous forum was but I know we had several minutes (I'm guessing about ten) to edit a post prior to the post being labelled "edited."
I think a grace period to edit a post is even more important now that there's not a way to preview replies.
Of course this is a rather minor concern but I hadn't seen it mentioned.

Comments

• Yes, a minimum of 5 minutes at least, until some kind of preview is enabled (even with a preview I often still find something that needs fixing after posting). What about deleting posts?
  • TorTor Posts: 2,010
    Hm, I always thought 'edited' would be applied if your post was already read by someone. Because it's only then it matters. And on many forums it seems to work that way, because sometimes you can keep editing and re-editing for a long time, and at other times the post gets marked 'edited' even if updated within seconds of posting.
  • Hm, I always thought 'edited' would be applied if your post was already read by someone. Because it's only then it matters. And on many forums it seems to work that way, because sometimes you can keep editing and re-editing for a long time, and at other times the post gets marked 'edited' even if updated within seconds of posting.

If this method is an option I think it would be great. I'm pretty sure the earlier Parallax forum had a set time before marking the post edited. I know I saw posts change content without the posts being marked edited.
  • Hm, I always thought 'edited' would be applied if your post was already read by someone. Because it's only then it matters. And on many forums it seems to work that way, because sometimes you can keep editing and re-editing for a long time, and at other times the post gets marked 'edited' even if updated within seconds of posting.

If this method is an option I think it would be great. I'm pretty sure the earlier Parallax forum had a set time before marking the post edited. I know I saw posts change content without the posts being marked edited.

I don't know exactly what the time frame on VB was, but it was at least 2 minutes.
    I miss that too.
  • Thank you.

I have added this to the issue list.