Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
PLEASE MOVE TO ROBOTICS FORUM ASAP — Parallax Forums

PLEASE MOVE TO ROBOTICS FORUM ASAP

ercoerco Posts: 20,254
edited 2015-07-03 04:01 in Robotics
Robot kills man: Human error (as reported) or Judgement Day?

Comments

• mindrobotsmindrobots Posts: 6,506
    edited 2015-07-02 18:45
    Maybe the robot had a forum that it really, REALLY liked...no,that would be an illogical reaction!
  • If you're referring the accident at the Volkswagen plant, what I found most incredible was that the worker killed was installing the robot, and worked for a third-party vendor. So he most likely was the guy sent out from the robot manufacturer to install the new bot. So he should especially have known of all the dangers and precautions to take. Maybe he'd been doing it a long time and got careless?
    I just work around semiconductor wafer-handling robots, but even those can put a serious hurt on you if you don't follow procedures.
  • HI Guys,
    Why not quit the appeal to change the Forum organization and learn to use TAGs instead?

It will accomplish much the same purpose.
  • ercoerco Posts: 20,254
    edited 2015-07-03 21:13
    Too lazy. Tags don't work. Parallax already abandoned them once. Nothing has changed to make them any more viable.
    A little effort to restore the Forum now will save time and yield many dividends in the future, as Gordon and others have stated elsewhere.
  • Heater.Heater. Posts: 21,230
    Tags don't work. 
    Even if they did work people would prove they don't by not cooperating in tagging correctly or at all. 

• jmgjmg Posts: 15,148
    If you're referring the accident at the Volkswagen plant, what I found most incredible was that the worker killed was installing the robot, and worked for a third-party vendor. So he most likely was the guy sent out from the robot manufacturer to install the new bot. So he should especially have known of all the dangers and precautions to take. Maybe he'd been doing it a long time and got careless?

Or, there was more than one person involved, and what really killed him, was not 'the robot', but the incorrect isolation procedures.One person can follow all the procedures, it only needs someone else to mess things up... true of any industrial machinery.