Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Forum problem: The Activity page concept — Parallax Forums

Forum problem: The Activity page concept

LoopyBytelooseLoopyByteloose Posts: 12,537
edited 2015-07-02 16:42 in General Discussion
The Activity page merely serves the same purpose as General Discussion in some strange manner that is set apart from the mainstream Forum format.

I suppose that it was suppose to be a place to list a calendar of events.

Comments

• The Activity page serves as a type of Facebook News Feed (it has no connection to the actual Facebook, so do not start any tangents about the evils of Facebook here, please.) Posting in another user's or your own Activity Wall will post to that page.

The function and purpose of this feature is currently not high on our issue priorities list. If you do not like the Activity Feed there is no need to use it. Simply post in forums as usual.
  • Hi,
    I finally found the 'delete' feature for the Activity page.  This allowed me to remove all the nonsense I had managed to put there.

Everyone should understand that they can put a notice on the Activity page for a period of time and then at a later date remove the notice when it is no longer useful.

My only problem is that the removal is a bit obscure.  One has to locate an X icon on the left hand side of their original entry, then go through a challenge to confirm you desire to do so.  But I only get about half of the X displayed on my computer screen, so I did not recognize what it might do.