Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Official Forum Bug Report and Feature Request — Parallax Forums

Official Forum Bug Report and Feature Request

xanaduxanadu Posts: 3,347
edited 2015-06-30 02:50 in General Discussion
Let's consolidate our issues here. You can link your already existing issue. 
My Win7 Chrome (latest version) issues:
1. I can't tell who is logged in2. Page too narrow, although it looks great with my LCD rotated 90 degrees :)  3. Favicon looks like an "F"4. I liked being able to see all recent posts by date across all of the boards. Now they're grouped. 5. Upper notification icon clicks into recent activity where there is no activity. Lower icon shows activity and clears the notification in both places.notifications.png

Comments

• Oldbitcollector (Jeff)Oldbitcollector (Jeff) Posts: 8,091
    edited 2015-07-02 05:02
    My message has raised concerns from Parallax.  My criticism is being
    seen as an attack on the company and not as constructive, so I'm retracting the entire message in addition to all of my recent
    posts.

Easy solution: Restore the original forum from backups and all will be well again.
  • jmgjmg Posts: 15,148
    * Seems I have somehow created a draft, (actually a clone of a post made already ) and no means to delete that phantom draft. Does that mean hundreds of drafts over time ?
    * Preview pane is not the same as what is rendered on forum
    * It is possible to get stuck inside comment area
  • Heater.Heater. Posts: 21,230
    xanadu,"Favicon looks like an "F""
    Snigger, there is a reason for that "F" :)
  • xanaduxanadu Posts: 3,347
    edited 2015-06-30 02:16
    * Seems I have somehow created a draft, (actually a clone of a post made already ) and no means to delete that phantom draft. Does that mean hundreds of drafts over time ?

You can delete the draft in your profile or on the upper left of any page is "My Drafts" folder.
  • Additional issues I've run into:
    • my sig doesn't look right, despite editing it multiple times in both WYSIWYG and raw modes
    • Default thread sort is by vote, not by date
    • Editing a comment is limited to the first 60 minutes after posting
  • mindrobotsmindrobots Posts: 6,506
    edited 2015-06-30 02:20
    It's not obvious how to insert code....
    ...not good for a programmers forum
    Unless you don't need to do  anything special.
    Does 	this 		tag do	anything 	anymore?

If you do need to do something special, then maybe a wrapper button on the ribbon bar?
    edited 2015-06-30 02:26

You can delete the draft in your profile or on the upper left of any page is "My Drafts" folder.

No Delete Draft buttons show up in chrome ?No drafts appear in Profile I can edit or save the draft, just cannot delete it ?I've deleted all text, and now have a 0 char draft lingering...
  • xanaduxanadu Posts: 3,347
    edited 2015-06-30 02:28

No Delete Draft buttons show up in chrome ?No drafts appear in Profile I can edit or save the draft, just cannot delete it ?I've deleted all text, and now have a 0 char draft lingering...

I a little X shows up when you mouse over the draft.
    So much for typing how I really feel then erasing it lol...
  • You can't attach a file with a .spin extension!?!?!?
    What attachments are allowed???
    This might need to be adjusted a bit for the target audience.

I a little X shows up when you mouse over the draft.
    So much for typing how I really feel then erasing it lol...

that was too subtle for me... works, and now I see "You do not have any drafts."
  • I still don't trust draft features, server side or browser cache. It's kind of cool I can navigate away from this page and when I come back everything I typed here is waiting.
  • You can't attach a file with a .spin extension!?!?!?
    What attachments are allowed???
    This might need to be adjusted a bit for the target audience.

I'm not able attach .spin either. I'm guessing the testing phase was left to us. The default sort by votes thing is along the same lines. Shouldn't be hard to fix.
  • UPDATE: Ken said to make problems their own threads (goodbye general). No need to post on this thread anymore. I can't update my first post to relay this info.
  • DavidZemonDavidZemon Posts: 2,973
    edited 2015-08-06 21:24
    It's not obvious how to insert code....
    ...not good for a programmers forum
    Unless you don't need to do anything special.
    Does 	this 		tag do	anything 	anymore?

If you do need to do something special, then maybe a wrapper button on the ribbon bar?

Just FYI for anyone else reading this:This new software prefers HTML tags over BBCode. Try the following instead:

<pre>Does this tag do anything anymore?<pre>

which will become...[code]
    Does
    this
    tag do
    anything
    anymore?
    [code]