Clinging to the Old Forum

I have one tab open to a page in yesterday's old forum and I dare not refresh it!

498a0a4173b8efa08482940db6d5d4.jpg
1344 x 960 - 206K
"When you make a thing, a thing that is new, it is so complicated making it that it is bound to be ugly. But those that make it after you, they don’t have to worry about making it. And they can make it pretty, and so everybody can like it when others make it after you."

- Pablo Picasso

Comments

• 5 Comments sorted by Date Added Votes
  • GordonMcCombGordonMcComb Posts: 2,938
    edited June 2015 Vote Up0Vote Down
    Ah, those were the days!
    Honestly, I didn't think I'd miss that crappy old piece of forum software. But in comparison, this looks like a place for my six year old grand daughter to talk about her favorite Monster High episodes. That's why I changed the avatar to a picture of my little sweetie, wearing her Dalek shirt. 
    Sorry Bump and others, but this forum doesn't have the look and features Parallax needs to be taken as a serious player. That's all I'll say on the matter. 
    Hopefully, the problems can be taken care of with a theme switch and some refinement in the options.
  • My first post on the new forum format. I am going to play around a bit before I comment!
    Whit+

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
  • Okay - head to your profile and look around a bit. Look at foments and all the threads you are involved with are there. Play a bit...
    Whit+

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
  • An older grab from my netbook, saved for posterity.

d809d36e52b4541cfc71d44e0144d8.jpg
    1024 x 692 - 120K
    "When you make a thing, a thing that is new, it is so complicated making it that it is bound to be ugly. But those that make it after you, they don’t have to worry about making it. And they can make it pretty, and so everybody can like it when others make it after you."

- Pablo Picasso
  • PublisonPublison Posts: 9,341
    edited June 2015 Vote Up0Vote Down
    I also had another tab opened with Phil's "Triangulation with PING))) Array". I was going to print it out, but I was in "Parallax Dark" mode. I went to switch to standard mode, and it brought me to the new Forum home page.
    Darned if I can even find it now with the search function. I liked the old software where you could could search by the Thread starter and something from the title.
    Infernal Machine