Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
PropellerIDE problem on Raspberry pi — Parallax Forums

PropellerIDE problem on Raspberry pi

hobbyProgrammerhobbyProgrammer Posts: 9
edited 2015-06-26 17:06 in Propeller 1
I installed PropellerIDE and did a test program to light an led on my Prop Hat, No problems, worked great
The next day it wouldn't load the PropHat or load a Prop stick (USB port).
I know my Prop stick is good because I can load programs with SimpleIDE (USB port on the same Raspberry Pi).
PropellerIDE doesn't throw any errors and says it loaded it, but no joy

I think it is a Raspberry Pi / linux serial/ usb port control thing but not sure what to do

Thanks for any help

Comments

• hobbyProgrammerhobbyProgrammer Posts: 9
    edited 2015-06-26 17:06
    Okay, I can now load my PropHat with PropellerIDE if I follow the pimoroni instructions but can't load the Prop Stick with the USB with PropellerIDE
  • I am experiencing a similar problem, using Propeller IDE on the Raspberry Pi. When I try to I program a board through the USB port, the download either fails or the serial output is all scrambled. If I program with Simple IDE through the USB, everything works fine. Any suggestions?
  • Oh, yeah, I should mention that I am using Raspian Jessie. I also have a prop hat, which works fine (using serial I/O).
  • My Bad....I was trying to use a Propeller Hat demo program with the propeller demo board and neglected to change the crystal frequency from 6 to 5 Mhz. The binary would upload and run, but the debug serial output was unreadable because the time base was misrepresented. Live and Learn!