Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Nikos' Fibonacci Spiral Challenge - Page 8 — Parallax Forums

Nikos' Fibonacci Spiral Challenge

Comments

• WhitWhit Posts: 4,191
    edited 2016-04-06 16:53
    The alignment of Pass One and Pass Two is still not perfect, but here is PARALLAX (had to keep up with Carol!) on the S2 LED Dot Matrix Printer. Photo, GUI code and Diagram attached. A new thread with documentation up soon - Will post a link when done.

Here is a time-lapse video of the the S2 "printing" PARALLAX. As Carol said, "Somebody had to do it!"

2274 x 881 - 609K
    6817 x 1338 - 2M
  • ercoerco Posts: 20,244
    Great job Whit! There ain't no stopping you!
  • Erco,
    Thank you for the amazing information about Skytyping.....
    Say that I'm an extremely ambitious person, but I'm thinking of this.......
    1209 x 830 - 193K
  • NikosGNikosG Posts: 705
    edited 2016-04-06 17:38
    Whit wrote: »
    Here is a time-lapse video of the the S2 "printing" PARALLAX. .....

Whit, I think that you can help for this......

5 ELEV-8s write " ELEV-8 " in the air using the Skytyping Method!!!!!

Dear friends, I really feel that something revolutionary is starting in this thread.... Something that will gives the drones another new perspective ..........
    1280 x 791 - 108K
  • I love your version of writing the S2 Whit! What everybody is doing with the S2 and Elev-8 is very exciting! Great challenges. Can't wait for the S3!! I have some ideas for combining both writing and others behaviours on it. I will be in hospital just s few more days.
    I love your version of writing the S2 Whit! What everybody is doing with the S2 and Elev-8 is very exciting! Great challenges. Can't wait for the S3!! I have some ideas for combining both writing and others behaviours on it. I will be in hospital just s few more days.

Hope they "spring" you soon! We need you back roboteering!

edited 2016-04-13 21:01
    A cheap atomizer just arived from China......
    automizer.JPG
    I start smell the smoke........
    653 x 490 - 173K
    Wow! Looks neat. Tried it yet?
  • Do you need a compressor or CO2 cartridge or some such mechanism to expell the smoke or chalk?
  • I am not sure why but I don't really like this method. I'm pretty sure everything is biodegradable and leaves no flotsam around but it looks too much like pollution or littering to me. IMHO.
    Amazing and strange!
    This is really weird!
    590 x 590 - 160K
    edited 2016-04-16 16:40
    After a lot of wait, finally I had the precious smoke.....
    Unfortunately smoke came not from my atomizer but from my electronics......!!!!!
    nikos_smoke_machine.jpg

My H-bridge caught fire...
    H have to check again the entire circuit..
    816 x 612 - 245K
    Bummer, that's not repeatable. Only good for one pass, for an I or 1. Expensive too, isn't it? Sorry, a bit of gallows humor. Hope you get it fixed soon.
    edited 2016-04-16 19:12
    Ugh! Sorry to hear that!
    Video on Fibonacci and Solfeggio (Self-ego?) numbers. Who knew about the Catholic church conspiracy to keep these specific healing frequencies from the public in their quest to rule the masses? I'm tuning in to expand my consciousness (417 hz) and heal me some DNA (528 hz). You would have known that already if you had been listening to 853 hz, which improves intuition & telepathic functions. DUH!

Nikos, try some of these freqs on your hickory-smoked H-bridge and let the healing begin. Nothing to lose!

PS: Speaking of food (barely), my daughters had her first Greek gyro yesterday. Amy said "nóstima" while Lindsey said, "then ennai akrivos afto poo thelo." :)

• I was reading this month's issue of Flight Training and found this article (PDF).

I noticed you can buy "Sky Smoke" in small amounts like this.

Maybe some nichrome wire and a small injector with the above liquid would work...
  • Whit wrote: »
    This is really weird!

Weird! If you stare out the center and go slightly out-of-focus (like with stereograms), you can suddenly see the the "correct" way. At least, that worked for me.
    edited 2016-04-22 18:02
    xanadu wrote: »
    I was reading this month's issue of Flight Training and found this article (PDF).

I noticed you can buy "Sky Smoke" in small amounts like this.

Maybe some nichrome wire and a small injector with the above liquid would work...

Here is my very first realy smoke......

first_smoke_liquid.jpg

I use a very cheap (2.7 euros) liquid for e-cigarettes. You can see the bottle (flavourtec) on the left near to the smoke machine ....
    The smoke is not the best, but the reason is that I have not achieved the maximun heating due to the damage on my electronics.....

At the moment I'll start work on the chassis with my 3d printer as I wait to arrive the new H-bridge for replace...

You can see a video here.

Is any chemist here in the forum?

912 x 684 - 169K
    Great work Nikos!
    I have one of these USB ultrasonic mist donuts which floats on top of water and puts out some good mist, similar amount as your photo shows. Not sure how to turn that sideways and supply water to make letters, but it might be worth investigating. May be more "digital" (faster on/off) and consume less power than an oil/heater type, if that's what yours is.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/USB-Donut-Shaped-Ultrasonic-Humidifier-Air-Essential-Oil-Purifier-Aroma-Diffuser-/222025471497?hash=item33b1bfd609:g:910AAOSwrklVbrHu

and many other ultrasonic types on Ebay as well: http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_sacat=0&_nkw=ultrasonic+fogger&_sop=15&_frs=1
  • Simple design but hard to do. I have been trying to get it to a point where all the petals are exactly the same. I used Nikos math equations to get the numbers needed and the first try was really close. I stabilized the Sharpie a little and had to rough up the tire rubber a little for better traction. I will next try to bring the numbers closer by switching to Spin so I have more resolution.
    Looks perfect. You're back in top form!
    erco wrote: »
    Looks perfect. You're back in top form!

Agreed!

edited 2016-04-27 07:12
    Working on the chassis of the smoke machine is a real challenge!

chassis.jpg

I'm trying to make the machine the smaller as possible ...
    Every single screw and every single hole must be in the right place.....
    Thinks are more difficult as I realized that i must change some electronics.....
    835 x 957 - 233K
    Nikos - wonderful work and an obviously challenging project!
    edited 2016-05-09 12:08
    Here is a flying LED lighted spiral using a slightly different approach! Artist Duke Riley's Fly by Night.

LED lighted pigeons!

The performance, created by artist Duke Riley, is called “Fly by Night.”

It is presented by Creative Time and the Brooklyn Navy Yard.

“At the call of a whistle, thousands of birds will emerge from their home in a grand, converted historic boat docked at the Brooklyn Navy Yard,” the description for the exhibition explained. “The pigeons will circle above the river as the sun sets over Manhattan, and small leg bands, historically used to carry messages, will be replaced with tiny LED lights, illuminating the sky in a transcendent union of public art and nature.” Story from CBS New York - here.
    edited 2016-05-21 17:56
    I think this amount of smoke is good.....

However it doesn't last enought ......

You can see a video here. to take a taste for my experiments....

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ao0dcettuldpokz/Smoke_machine_test2.MOV?dl=0

I have a long road to finish. I must put all this mess into a small chassis for the ELEV-8.

Vibrations and the strong electro- magnetic field from the DC motor perhaps will be a problem....
    I'am also wondering the appearence and the duration of the smoke in the air.
    At this point maybe chemistry could help me....
    1467 x 1216 - 720K