Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Parallax's Chris and Wendy Savage - an important call to our customers for assistance - Page 4 — Parallax Forums

Parallax's Chris and Wendy Savage - an important call to our customers for assistance

124»

Comments

• zappmanzappman Posts: 418
    edited 2015-07-11 12:25
  • This is terrible news. Prayers to Chris, and Wendy's family.
  • Our condolences Chris, we are so very sorry for your tragic loss...
  • PublisonPublison Posts: 12,366
    edited 2015-07-14 15:03
    I'm sure Chris is still strapped what a large amount of medical bills. Since Savage circuits has pretty much been shut down, the only way I found to donate is through his PayPay account:
    knight_designs@yahoo.com

With the passing of Wendy, I imagine it puts even more of a monetary burden on Chris with the arrangements that now have to be made.
    I encourage donations. I know some people do not use PayPay. Maybe Parallax can set up a way to accept checks to pass along to Chris?
    Jim
  • Chris,
    I'm so sorry to hear of Wendy's passing. Even when it's anticipated, one is never quite ready for it. My heart goes out to you and your kin.
    Be well, my friend,-Phil
  • Our condolences Chris and your families. We have a candle lit in Wendy's memory.
  • PublisonPublison Posts: 12,366
    edited 2015-07-14 17:37
    Thank you Courtney and Parallax for making this doable. 
    I had sent a PM to Courtney to see if this was possible, and she, Parallax responded right away.
    See four posts above to make a PayPal paynet.

• ercoerco Posts: 20,254
    I'm so sad to read this. We're praying for you, Chris. Peace and condolences to you and your families at this very difficult time. God bless you all and God bless Wendy.
  • Saddened by the news about Wendy. Sincere condolences to Chris and his family at this difficult time.

• Chris, my deepest condolences to you and your family for your loss.
  • rjo__rjo__ Posts: 2,114
    edited 2015-07-18 02:14
    Chris,

I don't know how I missed this thread.

I am so sad to hear of your loss. You and your family are in all of our prayers.

• Chris, I've been away for a while, and just came back on today, and found this thread.  I'm so, so sorry for your loss.  My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.
  • Chris SavageChris Savage Parallax Engineering Posts: 14,406
    edited 2015-07-21 02:58
    Hello everyone. First of all I want to say that I appreciate the well wishes, condolences, sympathies, etc from everyone. It means a lot to me. As I'm sure you probably have guessed the last week or so has been very tough for me. So much that I have been avoiding most websites I typically visit just trying to catch up on everything that my wife used to do. 
    Unfortunately things went downhill so fast we didn't get a chance to catch me up on everything and I had to kind of figure it out myself. Because of that there was an initial panic as I was unsure where we were at on things like medical bills and then had funeral costs suddenly dropped on me. This is something some of you may be familiar with and for those people I empathize. I know a few people were concerned about where I was there.
    The reason I bring this up is I noticed up the thread some mentions of financial assistance and I wanted to say that based on where I am at and a few generous people, I believe I have things under control without putting myself into additional credit debt, which is all I hoped to avoid. I never know if someone wants their name mentioned publicly or not, so to the four people who sent (or are in the process of sending) me something to help out with the funeral costs and ending medical bills recently I will say, "Thank you very much!" and if you want to you can reply with a "You're welcome." =) As I said, this sets everything (bills) to rest.
    And I want to once again thank everyone who donated to Wendy when this thread first started back when the chemo started again. Everyone who helped back then wiped out all the debt we incurred from the CT Scans, MRI, biopsy and chemo treatments. 
    All that was left was a few bills related to treatment after that and various medications to treat several issues as well as the funeral costs which, as I mentioned, should be good now. I only got caught off guard because before this whole thing started up again I sought treatment for my Type II diabetes and so we ended up burning the candle at both ends. Just wanted you to know things should be okay moving forward and I will be back next Monday to move on and continue supporting you and working on new products again. I will also have this thread un-stuck so it can move on as well.
    Thanks again everyone! 
  • As per Chris' request (above), the sticky has been removed.
  • WhitWhit Posts: 4,191
    So sorry to hear this news - with prayers for you and your family in the days to come...
  • Very sorry to hear this. My deepest condolences to you, Chris.
  • Chris,
    Sorry to hear of your loss. I understand the panic you had with not having gotten all of the tasks transferred to your plate before she passed. Do take care of your typeII as that can do you in if you are not careful.
    Jim
  • Chris SavageChris Savage Parallax Engineering Posts: 14,406
    RS_Jim,
    I'll admit...no matter hard bad I wanted to, I just could not focus on my own health for the last three years. I would go walking and changed the way I ate some...but I never really put any effort into it until recently. At this point my entire focus is on getting my own health back now. So yes, I am working on the Type II problem.  :o