Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Propeller Project Board SD Card labeling — Parallax Forums

Propeller Project Board SD Card labeling

iseriesiseries Posts: 1,452
edited 2015-02-02 11:17 in General Discussion
32810 Propeller Project Board

I recently purchased one of these boards, didn't even know it existed, but have a question about the SD card labeling.

Item 6 shows D2, D3, CD, CK, D0, D1.

That doesn't look anything like the Activity Board labeling nor does it seem to match the Micro SD spec....

Any way I check the board schematic and saw the labeling on the connector and matched it up so that the example program worked.

D2(DAT2) = N/C
D3(CS/DAT3) = CS
CD(CMD) = DI
CK(CLK) = CLK
D0(DAT0) = DO
D1(DAT1) = N/C

Mike

Comments

• Chris SavageChris Savage Parallax Engineering Posts: 14,406
    edited 2015-02-02 08:06
    Mike,

When you refer to Item 6, what do you mean?
  • iseriesiseries Posts: 1,452
    edited 2015-02-02 08:27
    In the PDF for this board it outlines a number of items and item 6 is the SD card slot.

Also the labels on the board are the same.

Mike
  • Chris SavageChris Savage Parallax Engineering Posts: 14,406
    edited 2015-02-02 11:17
    Mike,

The documentation probably could use an update. I will make a mention of this to the product owner so he can get this handled, hopefully by the time we get these boards in again.
  • The documentation still has not been updated... nearly two years later... just saying
  • Additionally, I suppose it is worth mentioning, that there is a VERY misleading statement within the datasheet for this product, which states:
    All the supporting circuitry needed to use a microSD card is already in place.

I don't know what the heck I was thinking, but after reading that statement, I assumed that all I had to do was add the microSD card holder and I should be good to go, which is what I did, and proceeded going about with other portions of my layout.

Now that all my lower portion of IO pins have been used, I now realize that I must supply those through holes with additional circuitry. DUH

And now that my layout for the Propeller Project Board has been ruined, I just wish the datasheet had said:
    All the supporting circuitry needed to use a microSD card is already in place, with the exception of the required IO pins going to the through holes for the microSD card.

Because if it had stated that, my layout would not be ruined, and it would have been MUCH easier to supply those through holes with IO than it is at this point in the layout.

I am a bit disgusted that I blindly trusted the documentation, without putting additional thought into the matter.