Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
p1load - a propeller loader - Page 5 — Parallax Forums

p1load - a propeller loader

1235»

Comments

• davidsaundersdavidsaunders Posts: 1,559
    edited 2015-04-25 17:42
    David Betz wrote: »
    I've recently posted the sources to p1load to github. p1load is a command line program for loading Spin binaries. It also includes a module called ploader.c that implements the Propeller ROM loader protocol and can interface to any serial driver that can provide an appropriate interface. This interface currently consists of a tx() function to transmit a buffer of bytes, an rx_timeout() function that receives a buffer of bytes with a timeout, and a reset() function that resets the Propeller, usually by toggling the DTR signal.

p1load can be built for Mac OS X, Linux, or Windows.

GitHub URL: https://github.com/dbetz/p1load
    p1load - a simple loader for the propeller - version 0.009, 2014-08-10
    usage: p1load
             [ -b baud ]               baud rate (default is 115200)
             [ -p port ]               serial port (default is to auto-detect the port)
             [ -e ]                    write a bootable image to EEPROM
             [ -P ]                    list available serial ports
             [ -r ]                    run the program after loading
             [ -t ]                    enter terminal mode after running the program
             [ -T ]                    enter PST-compatible terminal mode
             [ -v ]                    verbose output
             [ -? ]                    display a usage message and exit
             file[,addr]...            files to load

So if I write the rx_timeout(), tx(), and reset() functions ploader.c should compile into a stand alone command line aplication with out any problem on RISC OS?

That seems easy enough, cool.
  • David BetzDavid Betz Posts: 14,511
    edited 2015-04-25 18:43
    So if I write the rx_timeout(), tx(), and reset() functions ploader.c should compile into a stand alone command line aplication with out any problem on RISC OS?

That seems easy enough, cool.
    Maybe. But p1load assumes Posix terminal functions to configure its simple terminal emulator.
  • davidsaundersdavidsaunders Posts: 1,559
    edited 2015-04-25 19:41
    David Betz wrote: »
    Maybe. But p1load assumes Posix terminal functions to configure its simple terminal emulator.

That is OK, a terminal emulator is something that can be whipped up fairly quickly.

As long as I can get the propeller to load I am good.
  • Can I use p1load with the Propeller without any external component (no eeprom), just by having the chip and plugging RX TX and RESET? Or I need at least a crystal? This will load directly to RAM if I don't use the -e option, right?
  • FredBlais wrote: »
    Can I use p1load with the Propeller without any external component (no eeprom), just by having the chip and plugging RX TX and RESET? Or I need at least a crystal? This will load directly to RAM if I don't use the -e option, right?
    Yes, you should be able to use it without an EEPROM or crystal.