Forum Update - Announcement about May 10th, 2018 update and your password.

$1.78 USB Power Monitor

124»

Comments

• CuriousOneCuriousOne Posts: 922
    edited January 2015 Vote Up0Vote Down
    I bought them for $0.99, but seller is out of stock, the best offer so far is $1.55 :)
  • ercoerco Posts: 19,226
    edited January 2015 Vote Up0Vote Down
    "When you make a thing, a thing that is new, it is so complicated making it that it is bound to be ugly. But those that make it after you, they don’t have to worry about making it. And they can make it pretty, and so everybody can like it when others make it after you."

- Pablo Picasso
    edited April 2015 Vote Up0Vote Down
    12V car version for ~$5. Displays car voltage (12V), USB current, and temperature in Celsius. :(

http://www.ebay.com/itm/12V-24V-Digital-voltmeter-5V-2A-Car-Cigarette-Lighter-Usb-Charger-for-iPhone-4-5-/201327811985
    "When you make a thing, a thing that is new, it is so complicated making it that it is bound to be ugly. But those that make it after you, they don’t have to worry about making it. And they can make it pretty, and so everybody can like it when others make it after you."

- Pablo Picasso
  • CuriousOneCuriousOne Posts: 922
    It uses very cheap step down circuit, so your phone/tab/whatsoever, will "enjoy" all spikes present in automotive environment :)
    The device uniquely combines mediocre parts with shoddy assembly without compromising any of the shortcomings of either.

- Pablo Picasso
    This LCD unit costs $4 but looks nicer, good for iPhone fanboys. Also tracks mAH and has battery & internal memory.

Warning: This is not an "Over Unity" device since the cord appears too short to plug the USB input connector into its own output jack.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/LCD-USB-Charger-computer-PC-Battery-Capacity-Power-Current-Voltage-Tester-Meter/271676469558

$_1.JPG

- Pablo Picasso
  • User NameUser Name Posts: 1,451
    erco wrote: »
    The device uniquely combines mediocre parts with shoddy assembly without compromising any of the shortcomings of either.

Such a wordsmith!
    Platåberget
    Charger Doctor integrated into the USB cable! I caved...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/292532221027

s-l1600.jpg

- Pablo Picasso
  • There's not a single photo on that entire eBay listing. It's all CGI. I'd be interested in photo of what you actually receive.

-Phil
    “Perfection is achieved not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away. -Antoine de Saint-Exupery
    NOTED!

- Pablo Picasso
  • erco wrote: »
    Just had to beat Duane with this full house. 7 USB monitors, 3 different types represented.

Now I can give them to my EE pals and die happy.

attachment.php?attachmentid=111275&d=1412386591

Excellent!
    edited July 23 Vote Up0Vote Down
    It's the real deal, PhiPi! The only negative thing to report is that it's not a sync/data cable as advertised. At least it doesn't allow the PC to recognize my LG Android phone. I can live with that to be the first on my block.

Edit: Windows 10 downloaded a new driver today and it's working as a sync cable now with my same phone. Another Festivus miracle!

Here's a different one, even cheaper: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Voltage-Current-LED-Display-USB-Sync-Data-Charging-Cable-Cord-for-iPhone-Samsung/123183328994

- Pablo Picasso
    The cable at that last link is REALLY nice. Feels like money, high quality, nice grippy rubber feel, has integral iphone adapter which can be cut off easily. The LED display is crisp. It goes out after a minute or two of zero current.

Sadly, the erco effect remains after I purchased. Price increased from $2.68 to $3.35. I still got it!

- Pablo Picasso