just a short quick question...what language do the sx chips use

whiteoxewhiteoxe Posts: 794
edited 2014-05-16 - 07:02:05 in Microcontrollers
or should i be saying what language were these SX chips programmed with :)

Just pure curiosity, while im building something here in front of me :)
there is nothing either good or
bad, but thinking makes it so.
Favourite quote of all. Seems to damn the ideas of morally that sam harris champions. He makes claim that science can teach morality better than religion. That might very well be true but who can say or define what is bad and speak for all cultures and times? Its all a bit of an illusion.

Comments

• Beau SchwabeBeau Schwabe Posts: 6,400
    edited 2014-05-02 - 15:37:32
    The SX's native language was Assembly, but there are some nice BASIC programing interfaces that go with it.

Check ou the Downloads section in this link:

http://www.parallax.com/product/sx28ac_dp-g

Beau Schwabe -- Submicron Forensic Engineer
    www.Kit-Start.com - bschwabe@Kit-Start.com ෴෴ www.BScircuitDesigns.com - icbeau@bscircuitdesigns.com ෴෴

• whiteoxewhiteoxe Posts: 794
    edited 2014-05-02 - 15:59:01
    Beau, i checked the link. But could you point me somewhere that shows how you go about programming it in basic ? please :)
    Favourite quote of all. Seems to damn the ideas of morally that sam harris champions. He makes claim that science can teach morality better than religion. That might very well be true but who can say or define what is bad and speak for all cultures and times? Its all a bit of an illusion.
  • PublisonPublison Posts: 10,689
    edited 2014-05-02 - 16:12:42
    whiteoxe wrote: »
    Beau, i checked the link. But could you point me somewhere that shows how you go about programming it in basic ? please :)

Go to the Download and Documentation and expand that link. That will keep you busy for a while. :)
    Infernal Machine
    edited 2014-05-13 - 10:46:49
    Ta... can you tell me why the Java micro controller was cancelled ?
  • PublisonPublison Posts: 10,689
    edited 2014-05-13 - 10:55:56
    whiteoxe wrote: »
    Ta... can you tell me why the Java micro controller was cancelled ?

Probably because the numbers, (profit) were not there. The hardware was done, but maybe the software support did not make business sense.

My speculation, I do not speak for Parallax.
    Infernal Machine
    edited 2014-05-13 - 11:22:42
    Probably, i only asked as while searching about all sorts of chips including AVR and Pic and the basic compilers for them I came across a couple of sites or forums where people were happy to have bought them or sad that they were gone !!
  • Mike GreenMike Green Posts: 22,859
    edited 2014-05-16 - 07:02:05
    The SX was a fast microcontroller with some nice features. Unfortunately, the manufacturer got in a patent fight and lost and the chip is no longer being manufactured. Parallax has a large enough stockpile for its own needs for the forseeable future.