Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
SimpleIDE project compilation error — Parallax Forums

SimpleIDE project compilation error

tyomatyoma Posts: 3
edited 2015-06-23 20:10 in Propeller 1
Hi,

I try to compile hello project and get this error:
Project Directory: C:/Users/user/Documents/SimpleIDE/My Projects/

propeller-elf-gcc.exe -v GCC 4.6.1 (propellergcc_v1_0_0_2162)
propeller-elf-gcc.exe -I . -L . -I C:/Users/user/Documents/SimpleIDE/Learn/Simple Libraries/Utility/libsimpletools -L C:/Users/user/Documents/SimpleIDE/Learn/Simple Libraries/Utility/libsimpletools/cmm/ -I C:/Users/user/Documents/SimpleIDE/Learn/Simple Libraries/Text Devices/libsimpletext -L C:/Users/user/Documents/SimpleIDE/Learn/Simple Libraries/Text Devices/libsimpletext/cmm/ -I C:/Users/user/Documents/SimpleIDE/Learn/Simple Libraries/Protocol/libsimplei2c -L C:/Users/user/Documents/SimpleIDE/Learn/Simple Libraries/Protocol/libsimplei2c/cmm/ -o cmm/Welcome.elf -Os -mcmm -Wall -m32bit-doubles -fno-exceptions -std=c99 Welcome.c -lm -lsimpletools -lsimpletext -lsimplei2c -lm -lsimpletools -lsimpletext -lm -lsimpletools -lm
Done. Build Failed!

Reinstalling, clearing settings not have any results. Can anyone help me?

Thanks!

Comments

• twm47099twm47099 Posts: 867
    edited 2014-01-24 07:43
    I'm not sure, but I'll try a few questions.

1. Did you have a propeller board connected to a usb port?
    2. Did you have the port number (com #) in the upper right hand corner of the Simple IDE screen, and was it the correct one? (If you have a board connected and the port window is blank, turning the board on (to 1 position) and clicking on the port window sets it for me.)

If you don't have a propeller board connected, but just want to check the compilation of a program, compile using the 'hammer' button.

If those aren't the answer, then it could be a mistake in the code, (but I didn't see an error message saying that) and you should post the code so we can check.

hope this helped.

Tom
  • tyomatyoma Posts: 3
    edited 2014-01-24 07:54
    Hi Tom,

thanks for your reply!
    Yes, I have board connected to usb port and correct port selected in SimpleIDE. Also I get this error with any compiling option: "hammer" too. Error message don't have error code, only message that;s Build has been failed.
    I try to compile from command promt window and get "spacing" errors:
    propeller-elf-gcc.exe: error: Libraries/Utility/libsimpletools/cmm/: No such file or directory
    propeller-elf-gcc.exe: error: Libraries/Text: No such file or directory
    propeller-elf-gcc.exe: error: Devices/libsimpletext: No such file or directory
    propeller-elf-gcc.exe: error: Libraries/Text: No such file or directory
    propeller-elf-gcc.exe: error: Devices/libsimpletext/cmm/: No such file or directory
    propeller-elf-gcc.exe: error: Libraries/Protocol/libsimplei2c: No such file or directory
    propeller-elf-gcc.exe: error: Libraries/Protocol/libsimplei2c/cmm/: No such file or directory
    propeller-elf-gcc.exe: error: Welcome.c: No such file or directory

C:\Users\user>Done. Build Failed!

may be this is correct path to undestanding problem?

Thanks,
    Artyom.
  • twm47099twm47099 Posts: 867
    edited 2014-01-24 09:23
    Make sure you have downloaded the libraries and unzipped them and have them in the correct directories. When I downloaded and unzipped
    "Learn-Folder-Update-2013-11-01.zip"

I had it extracted to the SimpleIDE folder and the files and libraries were in the right paths.

In SimpleIDE click on "tools" "properties" and make sure that the "library folder" points to where you have the libraries. For example mine has "D:/SimpleIDE/Learn/Simple Libraries/" (D: is the disk where I have my application files stored.)

Hope this helps
    Please keep us informed
    Tom
  • tyomatyoma Posts: 3
    edited 2014-01-24 11:51
    I have libraries already. I see that gcc break lines with spaces. because correct paths are: "Libraries/Text Devices/libsimpletext", "Libraries/Text Devices/libsimpletext/cmm/"
  • yhouyyhouy Posts: 2
    edited 2014-02-19 16:06
    I have the same problem, and I wonder if the paths are set correctly in my Simple IDE after download--the dialog box comes up and it won't let me click ok. How can I find the correct paths to openspin.exe or propeller-elf-gcc.exe (my settings come up without exe)?
  • jazzedjazzed Posts: 11,803
    edited 2014-02-19 17:31
    SimpleIDE handles spaces in the paths without issues. The command line tools may have trouble depending on what you're trying to accomplish.

Simple Libraries are not designed for command line use. I've been working on a makefile system for building all the libraries, and could deposit everything in one place for command-line usage. Will let you know when that's available.

The build that fails without generating any error information is very suspicious. Does the project make any sub-folders in the project folder like CMM, LMM, etc...?
  • awilsonawilson Posts: 1
    edited 2015-06-23 20:10
    In case this issue is still being encountered, I had the same problem and solved it by running the compile command in a command prompt window. This involved copying the build command line (which begins 'propeller -elf-gcc.exe ...') from the build status window in SimpleIDE and pasting it into a command prompt window (click the command prompt window icon in the upper left corner of the window, click edit, click paste). I then put quotes around all paths with spaces in them and ran the command. When I did this, I received an error notification that indicated that the procedure entry point 'libiconv' could not be located in the dynamic link library 'libiconv-2.dll'. So I searched my computer to see if there was more than one copy of 'libiconv-2.dll' on my computer and found one in a GNU library in addition to the one associated with SimpleIDE. My path settings were causing the GNU library version to be found first and loaded. So I temporarily renamed the one in the GNU library to 'libiconv-2.dl~' and copied the SimpleIDE version into the GNU library folder. This fixed the compiler build failure. A more proper solution would be to adjust the path precedences or possibly update the GNU library.