Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
PLX-DAQ error: "Could not load an object" — Parallax Forums

PLX-DAQ error: "Could not load an object"

cocoyncocoyn Posts: 1
edited 2013-07-24 14:50 in BASIC Stamp
Hi, I've been searching for solutions on forums but haven't really found a conclusive one for this yet. I downloaded PLX-DAQ to use with Microsoft Excel 2013 on Windows 8, but when I load the PLX-DAQ Spreadsheet, I first get the error: "Could not load an object because it is not available on this machine," then another: "Could not load some objects because they are not available on this machine." Pressing "OK" on both opens a Microsoft Visual Basic Run-time error '424': "Object required," with an option to Debug, which opens the code with "Stamp.Disconnect" under "Private Sub cboPort_Click()" highlighted.

block of code with the error:

Private Sub cboPort_Click()
   Stamp.Disconnect
   cmdConnect.Caption = "Connect"
   FlagConnect = False
   Stamp.Port = cboPort
End Sub

I'm working under admin, and so far I've set Excel to allow macros, downloaded BASIC Stamp Editor, and manually registered selmadaq_ver2.ocx in the Command Prompt.

Any suggestions?
Thanks,

Comments

• Hey there.

I found out that the original PLX DAQ can only be used with Excel 32 bit versions. Error message is "object not available on this machine" due to selmaDAQ_Ver2.ocx that is not 64 bit compatible)

You can check out the new version I developed with full Office support (32 bit and 64 bit and versions up to Office 2016) on the official Arduino board here: https://forum.arduino.cc/index.php?topic=437398.0

If you have any questions I will try to answer them on the board of course :-)
    The new module is now open code and can be enhanced if needed.

Greetings and don't be frustrated anymore! PLX DAQ is very cool and now works with all Office / Excel versions.

NetDevil

(I posted this to all "first search site result" websites I found with Google for PLX DAQ issues so the next users of PLX DAQ can find the new version as fast as possible :-) sorry for grave digging this thread)