Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
SDRAM restrictions? — Parallax Forums

SDRAM restrictions?

David BetzDavid Betz Posts: 14,511
edited 2013-04-25 11:22 in Propeller 2
Are there any restrictions as to which COG the SDRAM driver must run in like there is for video drivers needing to run in COG 0?

Comments

• BaggersBaggers Posts: 3,019
    edited 2013-04-25 09:51
    David, as far as I'm aware you can run the SDRAM driver on any cog, ( although I've mainly started it on the next one. COG 1 )
  • David BetzDavid Betz Posts: 14,511
    edited 2013-04-25 09:59
    Baggers wrote: »
    David, as far as I'm aware you can run the SDRAM driver on any cog, ( although I've mainly started it on the next one. COG 1 )
    Thanks! Just wanted to make sure before I start playing with the SDRAM driver. My plan is to write a small program that starts the SDRAM driver, loads an image from flash, and then starts a slightly modified version of your WiredComputer program passing it the SDRAM parameter block. All I need to do with your program is remove the code that loads the SDRAM driver and instead just use the values passed in as parameters.
  • BaggersBaggers Posts: 3,019
    edited 2013-04-25 11:16
    David Betz wrote: »
    Thanks! Just wanted to make sure before I start playing with the SDRAM driver. My plan is to write a small program that starts the SDRAM driver, loads an image from flash, and then starts a slightly modified version of your WiredComputer program passing it the SDRAM parameter block. All I need to do with your program is remove the code that loads the SDRAM driver and instead just use the values passed in as parameters.

Excellent :D Can't wait to see it.
    Will you be doing a version for P2Load? :)
  • David BetzDavid Betz Posts: 14,511
    edited 2013-04-25 11:22
    Baggers wrote: »
    Excellent :D Can't wait to see it.
    Will you be doing a version for P2Load? :)
    Yes, I will load it with p2load. I can already write the image to flash using p2load and I can load and start individual drivers. Ideally, I'd like to load the SDRAM driver and the VGA driver separate from the WiredComputer program but I'm not sure I understand the VGA driver well enough to do that in the first pass.