Spin running on P2!

2»

Comments

  • David BetzDavid Betz Posts: 13,763
    edited 2013-01-17 - 08:13:37
    Ariba wrote: »
    @David

    I don't know. It should work.
    And it works when I run a similar code with the PNUT "IDE".

    Andy
    Could you post the code you're running so I can try it? I guess this could be gas issue if it isn't assembling some instruction correctly.

    Thanks,
    David
  • AribaAriba Posts: 2,255
    edited 2013-01-17 - 08:20:58
    David Betz wrote: »
    Could you post the code you're running so I can try it? I guess this could be gas issue if it isn't assembling some instruction correctly.

    Thanks,
    David
    Here is the code:
    DAT
            org 0
            mov dira,#$FF
            getcnt r2
            add r2,rate
    
    loop    mov r1,pina
            xor r1,#$FF
            mov pina,r1
            waitcnt r2,rate
            jmp #loop
    
    rate    long 30_000_000
    r1      long 0
    r2      long 0
    
    Andy
  • AribaAriba Posts: 2,255
    edited 2013-01-17 - 08:25:18
    David
    Do you know how the LEDs are connected on the DE2 board (some schematic?). Are the LED pins not shared with the Switch input pins in the DE2 emulator?

    Andy
  • AribaAriba Posts: 2,255
    edited 2013-01-17 - 08:44:47
    Sapieha wrote: »
    Hi Chip.

    Thanks.

    Now I can apply that to PDF as confirmed.

    Sapieha

    Confirmation by the DE0-NANO is for me one instance higher than confirmation by Chip (sorry Chip :smile: )
    Confirmation by a real P2 chip would be again one instance higher.

    Andy
  • David BetzDavid Betz Posts: 13,763
    edited 2013-01-17 - 08:47:29
    Ariba wrote: »
    David
    Do you know how the LEDs are connected on the DE2 board (some schematic?). Are the LED pins not shared with the Switch input pins in the DE2 emulator?

    Andy
    Yes, the LEDs and the switches are on the same pins. Maybe that's what is causing the problems.
  • David BetzDavid Betz Posts: 13,763
    edited 2013-01-17 - 09:10:49
    Here is the description I got of the switches and LEDs on the DE2-115 board. I'm not sure how a single pin can be used in this way but I guess this explains why my blink program doesn't work.
    The 18 slide switches are mapped to P49..P32.

    The 18 red LEDs are driven by P49..P32 outputs, though the inputs will always read the slide switch states.
    How can a single pin have two separate signals on it?
  • AribaAriba Posts: 2,255
    edited 2013-01-17 - 09:54:26
    David Betz wrote: »
    Yes, the LEDs and the switches are on the same pins. Maybe that's what is causing the problems.
    Yes this is the problem! Your LEDs will always show the inverted states of the switches with th code from post #2.
    How can a single pin have two separate signals on it?
    This is only possible on an FPGA emulation. The Verilog code knows if it is a read or a write and selects different FPGA hardware pins (I guess).

    Andy
  • David BetzDavid Betz Posts: 13,763
    edited 2013-01-17 - 09:56:31
    Ariba wrote: »
    Yes this is the problem! Your LEDs will always show the inverted states of the switches with th code from post #2.


    This is only possible on an FPGA emulation. The Verilog code knows if it is a read or a write and selects different FPGA hardware pins (I guess).

    Andy

    Hmmm... I wonder if we can get Chip to change this. It would be more useful if the FPGA behaved the same as the chips will eventually. Maybe he could move the switches to different P2 pins.
  • SapiehaSapieha Posts: 2,964
    edited 2013-01-17 - 09:58:41
    Hi.

    Yes -- I looked on SCH --- It is different pins FPGA use on LEDS and SW's

    Ariba wrote: »
    Yes this is the problem! Your LEDs will always show the inverted states of the switches with th code from post #2.


    This is only possible on an FPGA emulation. The Verilog code knows if it is a read or a write and selects different FPGA hardware pins (I guess).

    Andy
  • SapiehaSapieha Posts: 2,964
    edited 2013-01-17 - 10:45:23
    Hi Andy.

    Even if it is correct ---> It is not correct for me as that don't show if Chip have BUG in description else hardware ---> It only show how existing hardware function.

    Ariba wrote: »
    Sapieha

    Confirmation by the DE0-NANO is for me one instance higher than confirmation by Chip (sorry Chip :smile: )
    Confirmation by a real P2 chip would be again one instance higher.

    Andy
  • cgraceycgracey Posts: 12,679
    edited 2013-01-17 - 21:09:33
    David Betz wrote: »
    Here is the description I got of the switches and LEDs on the DE2-115 board. I'm not sure how a single pin can be used in this way but I guess this explains why my blink program doesn't work.


    How can a single pin have two separate signals on it?

    On the FPGA, I sent the OUT/DIR signals to the LEDs and read the INs from the switches. It's not same-pin-bound like the chip will be.
Sign In or Register to comment.