It's JD again. I had a small situation with the phrase "playing during down time" that led to my Binary Project at work to come to an end. haha. So I gave it new parts and made it into my Weather Station for the house.
Digital Clock (12/24 hr)
Weather Station Source.zip
For the weather sensors, I selected the Sensirion SHT1x sensor; it's great for accuracy and does well in the weather ranges I have seen. I used a regular plastic container that I had around the house for the general protection for the sensor. Updated the structural integrity (drilled some holes) and it was ready for action.
I had to move the sensor location because the first half of the day turned my protection container into an incubation chamber and gave wild readings; like 60's when it's 20's outside. I was able to apply the Keep Is Super Simple rule and just moved the sensor into the shade from the sun; it works perfectly.
I have got some more parts to add the wind gauge, rain collector, and eventually soil readings; but for now, it's a weather station for the kitchen.