Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Price drop on SX chips across the board..... — Parallax Forums

Price drop on SX chips across the board.....

RobotWorkshopRobotWorkshop Posts: 2,307
edited 2012-07-03 17:16 in General Discussion
I just noticed that the price dropped on all the SX chips and are now only $1.15 for the SX28 and $1.55 for the SX48. These are still great little chips and at this price they are hard to pass up. The SX28 DIP version is easy to use on a breadboard but the SX48 really needs to have some sort of carrier board. I still have some of the SX48 PCB's available in case you need some to mount the SX48 chips. You can see a picture of the boards in this thread:

http://forums.parallax.com/showthread.php?94916-SX48-40-pin-DIP-full-kit-and-PCB-available.

Robert

Comments

• LoopyBytelooseLoopyByteloose Posts: 12,537
    edited 2012-06-21 02:32
    Yes indeed, great prices.

If you really need 50Mhz they are great and I truly hope Parallax will find a buyer that does for all the inventory.
    The two internal timers on the SX48 are extremely useful, but seemed to never have gotten as much attention as they deserved.
  • RobotWorkshopRobotWorkshop Posts: 2,307
    edited 2012-06-22 07:23
    The two internal timers on the SX48 are extremely useful, but seemed to never have gotten as much attention as they deserved.

The SX48 has a pair of 16-bit timers that are very handy. I was using them to drive two main drive servos for a small robot. It was using SX/B with ISR based serial code and the task of driving the servos was off loaded to the timers. Once they were setup it worked great. Like having a built-in ServoPal....

Robert
  • LoopyBytelooseLoopyByteloose Posts: 12,537
    edited 2012-06-22 12:39
    Exactly. The BasicStamp tends to bog down when you have a lot of sensors and try to run the two PWM channels. But with those two 16 bit timers running, PWM no longer cuts into other things.
  • Invent-O-DocInvent-O-Doc Posts: 768
    edited 2012-07-03 17:16
    Interesting. Speaking of SX Chips - has anyone heard from gunther daubach recently?