Comments

• Phil Pilgrim (PhiPi)Phil Pilgrim (PhiPi) Posts: 23,514
    edited 2012-03-31 23:17
    Wow! Nice!

-Phil
  • NikosGNikosG Posts: 705
    edited 2012-04-01 10:03
    Rich you are unbelievable!!!!
    I think it's time to order some Xbee modules from Parallax!
  • ercoerco Posts: 20,244
    edited 2012-04-01 10:38
    Beauteous!
  • mindrobotsmindrobots Posts: 6,506
    edited 2012-04-01 11:00
    Most Wonderful!!

Now, I need to figure out how to make a pen lifter based on your Pen Lifter Mod video and I can teach my S2 to write!

Well done!!
  • WhitWhit Posts: 4,191
    edited 2012-04-01 19:03
    This is really cool! Great job.
  • Ken GraceyKen Gracey Posts: 7,386
    edited 2012-04-01 19:08
    Rich, excellent job - what a surprise! Seems like one of the very high S2 goals has been achieved. I'll have to look into setting up a few S2s to run this code at the middle school.

Between you and Nikos this little robot is really getting some great skills.

Thank you!
  • Matt GillilandMatt Gilliland Posts: 1,406
    edited 2012-04-01 20:35
    All the "Accolade Words" have already been used :lol:

Nikos and Rich - you have blown me away! This is going to be A HUGE HIT at Expo (at the very least).

Thank you so much!!!

Each of you are getting a brand-spankin' new Prop Boe!

Well Done!
    -Matt
  • W9GFOW9GFO Posts: 4,010
    edited 2012-04-01 21:34
    Ken Gracey wrote: »
    Rich, excellent job - what a surprise! Seems like one of the very high S2 goals has been achieved. I'll have to look into setting up a few S2s to run this code at the middle school.

Between you and Nikos this little robot is really getting some great skills.

Thank you!

Thanks for the kind words... wait, your surprised that I did an excellent job? :lol:

I'm not sure what the other goals are for the S2 but if one of them is a simpler pen lifter I think I have that worked out. I have an idea for one that is easy to install and requires no special sleeves or cups to hold the pen and no trimming of plastic, yet it is still internal. We'll see how it works.

It took a great deal of experimentation to find the right wheel calibration settings so that it would write the letters all in a nice straight line. Changing the surface, even the surface beneath the paper, requires recalibrating. A single line font will help a lot to make this less of an issue as it will take more letters to accumulate the same amount of error.

• Martin_HMartin_H Posts: 4,051
    edited 2012-04-02 03:03
    That is an amazing demo.
    edited 2012-04-02 05:25
    I would like to thank you too for your kind words!!!
    Actually Rich's help was crucial and gave me the opportunity to continue the Alphabet project.
    I don't like to give any promise but I'll make an effort to make and a second alphabet with single line form as Rich suggested.

Nikos
    edited 2012-04-02 11:17
    είναι όμορφο! Any Greek fonts yet, Nikos? :P

Fabulous job! You & Rich have inspired me to make a BS2-controlled 3-servo robot arm printer for Expo, for kids to print their names. Not nearly as sensational as your S2 writer, but a good challenge for me. If I don't sleep between now & Expo, it might just happen.
    edited 2012-04-02 12:46
    erco wrote: »
    είναι όμορφο! Any Greek fonts yet, Nikos? :P

Fabulous job! You & Rich have inspired me to make a BS2-controlled 3-servo robot arm printer for Expo, for kids to print their names. Not nearly as sensational as your S2 writer, but a good challenge for me. If I don't sleep between now & Expo, it might just happen.

Thank you erco,
    I decided to start the creation of a new alpabet with a single line form as Rich suggested. One additional reason to do this is that this type of fonts has and the Greek letters. I don't have to create whole the Alphabet in Greek because there are a lot of letters in common with the English alphabet.

Your robot arm printer project it sounds very cool! I've seen a relative video from your youtube chanel. I'm sure that it will attract the eyes of the Expo visitors!
    I wish I could be there! I consider all of you as very good frinds and I would like to meet you one day!!!

Γεια και χαρά!
    Nikos
    edited 2012-04-02 13:35
    Nikos: Airfare from Athens to LAX is just $1262 on British Airways. I'm sure Ken will pay half for you (forgo the PropBoe!), and you can drive up from Los Angeles with me Thursday night/Friday morning! :)
  • PublisonPublison Posts: 12,366
    edited 2012-04-02 14:27
    Nice going!

I just got to watch it on the proper platform!

Jim
  • Matt GillilandMatt Gilliland Posts: 1,406
    edited 2012-04-02 14:44
    So W9 and NikosG -
    As promised, brand-spankin-new Prop Boe's are yours.

Nikos - I know that you can't make it here for Expo, but you'll be in a lot of kids' hearts for what you did :thumb:
    Could you please PM me with your shipping address?
    wait, your surprised that I did an excellent job?
    never!

W9 - Would you like yours shipped or Will-Call at Expo?

-MattG
    edited 2012-04-02 15:30
    erco wrote: »
    Nikos: Airfare from Athens to LAX is just $1262 on British Airways. I'm sure Ken will pay half for you (forgo the PropBoe!), and you can drive up from Los Angeles with me Thursday night/Friday morning! :)

It would be perfect!!!! :)