Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Error CODE 2.... Could not found LISTEN WINDOWS(LIW) from the tag — Parallax Forums

Error CODE 2.... Could not found LISTEN WINDOWS(LIW) from the tag

alexkuletalexkulet Posts: 9
edited 2012-03-11 14:05 in Accessories
does anyone knows how to correct error code 2 .. could not fin listen windows(LIW) from the tag.... or what should i do to correct this error...

Comments

• FranklinFranklin Posts: 4,747
    edited 2012-02-25 10:02
    does anyone knows how to correct error code 2 .. could not fin listen windows(LIW) from the tag.... or what should i do to correct this error...
    Where do you get the error and what code are you running? How do you have your parts connected and what have you done so far to fix the error? Have you tried the sample code?
  • PublisonPublison Posts: 12,366
    edited 2012-02-25 11:59
    I addition to what Franklin asked, what exact sensor are you using? What chip are you trying to communicate to.

Your original post is pretty vague. Do you have the Parallax product numbers?
  • alexkuletalexkulet Posts: 9
    edited 2012-02-26 13:55
    Sorry... i did not explain my question clearly sir....mmmm i am using the new Parallax RFID READ/WRITE MODULE (28440).... and try to interface it with arduino ...but sadly no response from the reader....here is the sample codes that i use from arduino tutorial... the connection are...

5V to VCC
    0V to ground
    Pin 6 to SIN
    Pin 8 to SOUT

here is the sample codes....actually i post it to another thread...and i am trying to perform the write operation....
    /////////////////////////////////////////

#include <NewSoftSerial.h>

#define RFID_WRITE 0x02
    #define txPin 6
    #define rxPin 8

#define whichSpace 4

#define first 1
    #define second 26
    #define third 3
    #define fourth 27

NewSoftSerial mySerial(rxPin, txPin);

void setup()
    {
    Serial.begin(9600);
    Serial.println("RFID Write Test");
    mySerial.begin(9600);
    pinMode(txPin, OUTPUT);
    pinMode(rxPin, INPUT);
    }

void suppressAll() //Keeps error code & the "write confirmation" codes from being printed in the serial monitor
    {
    if(mySerial.available() > 0)
    { mySerial.read();
    suppressAll();
    }
    }

void loop()
    {
    int val;

mySerial.print("!RW");
    mySerial.write(RFID_WRITE);
    mySerial.write(whichSpace);
    mySerial.write(first);
    mySerial.write(second);
    mySerial.write(third);
    mySerial.write(fourth);

if(mySerial.available() > 0) {
    val = mySerial.read();
    Serial.print("Debugging stop here");
    if (val == ) //If data was written successfully
    {
    Serial.println("Writing success!");
    }
    else Serial.println("Writing failed...."); //If an error occured during writing, discard all data recieved from the RFID writer
    }
    delay(250);
    }

/////////////////////////////////////////////
    the output of this code is
    RFID Write Test
    Debugging stop here
    Writing failed..

/////////////////////////////////////////
    seems the line
    val = mySerial.read();
    is not equal to 1 so it directly jump to the else condition....
    if the i try to change the codes from this...
    (val==2)
    it gives me....and output of
    ///////////////////////////////////
    RFID Write Test
    Debugging stop here
    Writing success...
    ////////////////////////////////
    the mySerial.read() returns the value of 2 which is from the RFID 28440 datasheets is

Value Name Description
    0x01 ERR_OK No Errors
    0x02 ERR_LIW Could not find a Listen Window (LIW) from the tag
    0x03 ERR_NAK Received a No Acknowledge (NAK), possible communication error or invalid command/data
    0x04 ERR_NAK_OLDPW Received a No Acknowledge (NAK) sending the current password during the RFID SetPass command, possible incorrect password
    0x05 ERR_NAK_NEWPW Received a No Acknowledge (NAK) sending the new password during the RFID SetPass command
    0x06 ERR_LIW_NEWPW Could not find a Listen Window (LIW) from the tag after setting the new password during the RFID SetPass command
    0x07 ERR_PARITY Parity error when reading data from the tag
    /////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
    can anyone help me to solved this problem.. thanks in advance................................
  • PublisonPublison Posts: 12,366
    edited 2012-02-26 16:03
    As you can probably figure out, after posting the same questions three times, the Parallax forum is probably not the correct place to ask this question since it has to do with Arduino software.

That said, do check out this link:

https://sites.google.com/site/parallaxinretailstores/home

I
    t has many examples of using an Adrunio with Parallax products, although the RFID is not one of them, but it does have many examples using a serial interface that might help.

Jim
    edited 2012-02-26 16:07
    @Publison thank your for this thread...and i hope that all things will be ok.....
    edited 2012-03-11 14:05
    i solve my problem...i go to the store where i bought my rfid reader/writer and exchange it to a new one.. luckily it working... i think the product it self is the problem.....