Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Propeller GUI touchscreen and full color display - Page 24 — Parallax Forums

Propeller GUI touchscreen and full color display

1181920212224»

Comments

• idbruceidbruce Posts: 6,197
    edited 2015-04-19 15:32
    Hey Doc

I don't know if this document would be of any interest or use to you, but I figured you may want to take a peek: http://faculty.lasierra.edu/~ehwang/public/mypublications/VGA%20Monitor%20Controller.pdf
  • Dr_AculaDr_Acula Posts: 5,484
    edited 2015-04-19 16:54
    Thanks idbruce. Nice bit of code for a fpga at the end of that article. There would have to be a fgpa solution for this touchscreen as well, though I think the propeller might end up marginally cheaper. Each new generation of fgpa chips has more internal ram though and if the ram chips were not needed a fpga solution would be cheaper.
  • idbruceidbruce Posts: 6,197
    edited 2015-04-19 17:15
    Yea, it was a long shot :)

I must admit that I have not kept up with your project, but it seems you are now into the two Prop scheme. I wish you luck, in addition to your skill.
  • Robert SchadeRobert Schade Posts: 27
    edited 2015-06-26 06:44
    Hi guys

just started viewing this thread as I've just got a 320x240 LCD display to "play with" which uses the SSD1289 chip. I've designed a circuit which is a basic driver board with 2 ADCs, 2 general inputs, 2 lines for serial (uart) control, a TV debug output and of course an LED and uses 1 propeller.

The SSD1289 module needs a 16bit data bus so I've incorporated a latch.

I've attached a pdf of the circuit.

I've modified average joes code to get it to work. Interestingly, I had to add a write to R22h of 00h which was not in the original code to get it to work.

What I am hoping to do is use it as a debug monitor for other projects so just a text display really.

Do any of you have any basic code I can adapt to make the text display?

Any suggestions would be welcome.

Rob
  • average joeaverage joe Posts: 795
    edited 2016-03-22 10:23
    Hey guys...

Sorry I've been away for a bit. I still have several of the bare boards if anyone would like them. While I don't have the time to maintain a release of drivers for EVERYONE, I've been considering removing the memory specific functions and doing my best to help with a unified code base. I see quite a bit of interest in the touchscreens. I an very strongly considering the rev2 board and am open to suggestions. If I can get a couple people interested in the rev2 board *fpga, sram and FLASH* I may make a fab run.

I'm still focusing on
    http://forums.parallax.com/discussion/comment/1305951/#Comment_1305951

I like this solution because if covers all memory requirements *flash for "disk" storage, SRAM for "ram" and sd for "disc" the CPLD allows many possibilities.. If we could find a compromise with pin usage / speed trade -off... etc. My budget for a finished PCB *retail* would be in the $80 to $100.

TBC....