Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Simple Loopback setup not working. — Parallax Forums

Simple Loopback setup not working.

PlusOn3PlusOn3 Posts: 15
edited 2012-01-11 17:45 in Accessories
Hey guys, this is probably a really lame question, but I am embarrassingly new to all of this.

I recently purchased a couple of XBee modules (http://www.parallax.com/Store/Accessories/CommunicationRF/tabid/161/CategoryID/36/List/0/SortField/0/catpageindex/2/Level/a/ProductID/638/Default.aspx)
with the appropriate adapter boards.

I am just getting started in trying to figure out how to work with them and I can't get very far. I bought the "Getting Started with XBee RF Modules" book to help me learn about them. I have set up on my propeller breadboard an XBee module with a serial pass through code I copied out of the book. I attached a word document with the code in it.

serialpassthrough.rtf

I have the XBee chip set up on the propeller breadboard and when I connect a battery the LED I connected for power indicator lights up. I have attached an image of the setup here.

2011-12-08_16-23-12_376.jpg

When I am in the X-CTU software I can a positive connection when I test it. But when I go to the terminal and start typing there is not response text.

I also have the loopback XBee module setup on the same breadboard on the opposite side (I don't know if that is the issue). I have also attached a picture of that setup. And when I connect a battery I get my power LED to light up here as well.

2011-12-08_16-33-59_913.jpg

I'm not sure what I am doing wrong but I am sure it is probably something simple. Any help would be great.

Thanks,
Tyler

Comments

• snit3snit3 Posts: 12
    edited 2012-01-11 17:45
    If you are using the Blue Wolf base and remove serial boards, I think you're going through what I just did. It took me hours to discover the the two XBees must be configured as base and remote. Go to the bluewolf at http://www.bluewolfinc.com/flashfly-faqs/ and follow instructions CAREFULLY.