Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
options for programming SX chips in legacy product — Parallax Forums

options for programming SX chips in legacy product

dtweeddtweed Posts: 1
edited 2011-09-24 01:57 in General Discussion
I have been given the task of producing a new run of a PCB design that dates from 2006, which, among other things, includes an SX28AC/SS chip. The board was designed at a different company, and there don't seem to be any of the original development tools left from that effort, but I do have the source and hex files.

As far as I can tell, there are still something on the order of 40K chips still available, so that isn't a problem. However, the hardware programming tools, SX-Key and/or SX-Blitz, don't seem to be available at all any more. Does anyone know of a source for them, or have one for sale? Do I have any other options for getting the code into the chips?

Thanks in advance,
-- Dave

Comments

• PublisonPublison Posts: 12,366
    edited 2011-09-23 15:38
    dtweed wrote: »
    I have been given the task of producing a new run of a PCB design that dates from 2006, which, among other things, includes an SX28AC/SS chip. The board was designed at a different company, and there don't seem to be any of the original development tools left from that effort, but I do have the source and hex files.

As far as I can tell, there are still something on the order of 40K chips still available, so that isn't a problem. However, the hardware programming tools, SX-Key and/or SX-Blitz, don't seem to be available at all any more. Does anyone know of a source for them, or have one for sale? Do I have any other options for getting the code into the chips?

Thanks in advance,
    -- Dave

Sent you a PM
  • LeonLeon Posts: 7,620
    edited 2011-09-24 01:57
    When I was playing with the SX chips many years ago I made a PCB for a simple programmer circuit which used a PIC:

http://www.codepuppies.com/~ben/sens/pic/sx/

I still have the board somewhere, and you are welcome to it.