How about an OBEX forum?

LoopyBytelooseLoopyByteloose Posts: 12,537
You might not take me seriously as somewhere between the new forum format, abandoning the SXes, and not making the OBEX catalog more precise - I've stopped buying Parallax Products.

It isn't as if I've stopped using them, it is just that OBEX is a drudge to use and my other suggestions to improve it seem to have been dismissed.

Still, an OBEX forum might help Parallax find a way to get it into a better, more pro-active mode.
Hwang Xian Shen, Puddleby-on-the-Marsh.
All things considered, I can live and thrive without Microsoft products. LINUX is just fine.

Comments

• 3 Comments sorted by Date Added Votes
  • Phil Pilgrim (PhiPi)Phil Pilgrim (PhiPi) Posts: 20,594
    edited July 2011 Vote Up0Vote Down
    While I agree that the current state of the OBEX needs a lot of work, I believe Parallax is working on a new OBEX to dovetail with their Parallax Semiconductor initiative. I would counsel patience in this matter. I'm sure things will get better without the necessity of further agitation. :)

-Phil
    “Perfection is achieved not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.

-Antoine de Saint-Exupery

We had many discussions at the galley table and there had been many honest attempts to understand each other's thinking. There are several kinds of reception possible. There is the mind which lies in wait with traps for flaws, so set that it may miss, though not grasping it, a soundness. There is a second which is not reception at all, but blind flight because of laziness, or because some pattern is disturbed by the processes of the discussion. The best reception of all is that which is easy and relaxed, which says in effect, "Let me absorb this thing. Let me try to understand it without private barriers. When I have understood what you are saying, only then will I subject it to my own scrutiny and my own criticism."  This is the finest of all critical approaches and the rarest.

The smallest and meanest of all is that which, being frightened or outraged by thinking outside or beyond its pattern, revenges itself senselessly; leaps on a misspelled word or a mispronunciation, drags tricky definition in by the scruff of the neck, and, ranging like a small unpleasant dog, rags and tears the structure to shreds.

-John Steinbeck, The Log from the Sea of Cortez
  • LoopyBytelooseLoopyByteloose Posts: 12,537
    edited July 2011 Vote Up0Vote Down
    Thanks for you reply Phil, I'll try to redouble my patience.
    Hwang Xian Shen, Puddleby-on-the-Marsh.
    All things considered, I can live and thrive without Microsoft products. LINUX is just fine.