Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
SNEcog - The sound of "Sega Master System" (Game Gear, SC-3000H, Tandy, Coleco etc ) - Page 2 — Parallax Forums

SNEcog - The sound of "Sega Master System" (Game Gear, SC-3000H, Tandy, Coleco etc )

2»

Comments

• Cluso99Cluso99 Posts: 18,069
    edited 2011-05-21 23:10
    Nah. He would have to call it Ahle's SoundCog.
  • Ahle2Ahle2 Posts: 1,178
    edited 2011-05-22 00:45
    I do have an unreleased "super PSG" in the works actually. :) It's called Retronitus. (latin for noise from the past)
    It has got 8 channels, 8 amplitude envelopes and 4 different waveforms which all can be modulated in different ways.
    It goes far beyond what most PSG´s from the 80's could do, while still having a good sample rate (~80kHz) and more channels.
    (The SID is still better in some ways, filter, ring modulation and oscillator synchronization)

The PSG is finished, but I havn't implemented the "inbuilt music handler" yet.
    I would like it to automatically read and play music from dat blocks in hub memory; I also want it to handle sound FX the same way.
    In the end the user could call something like "retronitus.playMusic(trackNumber)" or "retronitus.playSoundFx(fxNumber)".
    All this in a single cog!!!

/Ahle2
  • Ahle2Ahle2 Posts: 1,178
    edited 2011-05-23 13:55
    SNEcog is now in the OBEX! :)