Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
External trigger issue — Parallax Forums

External trigger issue

electronguyelectronguy Posts: 5
edited 2010-07-16 10:10 in Accessories
Hello,

I've never been able to get my external trigger working in PropScope v1.04. I get a dialog box that asks to input the trigger value but the display keeps triggering on Channel 1. My goal with this post is to verify that this is likely just a small software bug that will get ironed out in v1.05 and also rule out that I have hardware trouble with my external trigger input. FWIW, the signal generator appears to be working fine.

I have been keeping a document of the various bugs that I've been encountering but will wait until v1.05 of the software so that I can hopefully check a bunch of stuff off.

Thanks,
--Scott Thompson

Comments

• electronguyelectronguy Posts: 5
    edited 2010-03-24 05:20
    So, everyone's external trigger is working then?

--Scott
  • HannoHanno Posts: 1,130
    edited 2010-03-24 06:01
    Hi Scott,
    I'll make sure the external trigger is working in v1.05 if it isn't already.
    Hanno

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Co-author of the official Propeller Guide- available at Amazon
    Developer of ViewPort, the premier visual debugger for the Propeller (read the review here, thread here),
    12Blocks, the block-based programming environment (thread here)
    and PropScope, the multi-function USB oscilloscope/function generator/logic analyzer
  • OldManMikeOldManMike Posts: 6
    edited 2010-05-07 05:23
    I've tried to get the External Trigger to work and had no success.· Currently running 1.0.4 firmware.

Can I assume·when using the External Trigger that both Ch1 and Ch2 will be available?· Otherwise what good is External Trigger since Ch2 can do at least everything that the External trigger can.

Aside from this issue, I have found the PropScope to be a fantastic product with lots of potential for even more features with that expansion card.

Any projection for the 1.0.5 release?

Mike

·
  • hover1hover1 Posts: 1,929
    edited 2010-05-07 11:47
    Mike,

·http://forums.parallax.com/showthread.php?p=883449

Third post up from the bottom.

Jim
    edited 2010-05-07 21:14
    I tried it with the 1.0.5·version and it still does not work.

Mike
    ·
  • electronguyelectronguy Posts: 5
    edited 2010-05-09 01:45
    Same here, but the external trigger wasn't listed on the changes (from what I could find) in Beta v1.05h.
    edited 2010-05-09 10:40
    Hanno said...Hi Scott,
    I'll make sure the external trigger is working in v1.05 if it isn't already.
    Hanno
    I was hoping the above statement was true.

Mike
    ·
    edited 2010-05-09 14:18
    Hi! Yes- I did promise to fix the external trigger issue- I'll work on that today.
    Hanno

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Developer of ViewPort, the premier visual debugger for the Propeller (read the review here, thread here),
    and PropScope, the multi-function USB oscilloscope/function generator/logic analyzer
    edited 2010-05-10 04:05
    Thanks Hanno!· Can you confirm that both A and B channels will be available when using the external trigger?

Mike
    ·
    edited 2010-05-11 14:46
    Still working on it- but yes, both channels will start sampling when the external trigger's configurable voltage point (-10..10v) has been passed (rise or fall). In addition, you'll be able to chain triggers- more on that when I'm done.
    Hanno

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    edited 2010-06-13 05:37
    Hanno,

··· Any updates on when the new version might be available?

Thanks,

Mike

·
    edited 2010-06-13 10:16
    Hi Mike,
    I have it and many other fixes working well on my machine- but I´ve been travelling with my family (with sporadic internet access) and would rather not frustrate people with something that potentially breaks what they have. In 3 days I should be settled for a few days (Bordeux, France...)
    Hanno

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
  • edited 2010-07-16 09:07
    Can I assume when using the External Trigger that both Ch1 and Ch2 will be available? Otherwise what good is External Trigger since Ch2 can do at least everything that the External trigger can.

Post Edited By Moderator (Dave Andreae (Parallax)) : 7/19/2010 10:05:06 PM GMT
    edited 2010-07-16 10:10
    Hi!
    Check out the v1.06Beta thread for the latest download which makes the external trigger very easy to use. Just select "EXT" on the trigger tab, type a voltage (-10..10) into level box and you're set for rise/fall events in continuous or stepped modes. Like the other triggers, you can choose to view data BEFORE, AT, or AFTER the trigger has happened with the top horizontal slider. And yes, you can use the EXT trigger while viewing both ch1 and ch2. Enjoy!
    Hanno

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔