AIM: To build a QuadCopter or HexaCopter using Propeller(s)·to assist·Remote Controlled Flight for beginners.
Latest Specifications for the Electronics·PCB (25Apr2010)
Latest Specifications for the·Quad/HexaCopter (25Apr2010)
- Suggested to use 10.5x10.5mm carbon fibre frame (to be tested)
- Suggested center support by two pcbs
- Brushless outrunner motors (see thread)
- Propellor blades (see thread)
- ESC's (see thread)
- LiPo Battery (see thread)
- Charger (see thread)
- Battery monitor (see thread)
- Other optional items
- Motor mounts
- Prop savers
- Servo cables (from RC receiver to electronics pcb)
- Radio Control Gear (user to decide)
I have been getting ready for my next project... Well one that has been on the backburner since I got involved with Z80 emulation. And no, I am not giving·
that up either
I was in the process of building a Flying Wing when I found the Propeller Chip. Since then, I have become quite interested in Quad and Hex Copters after I saw Jason Dory's thread http://forums.parallax.com/showthread.php?p=757602
I have been looking at various ICs to interface to the prop to control the flight to make it easier for me to fly these things. I never did master the RC Airplane I used to launch... You see, I never made a successful landing, but I sure mastered the art of building and repair
The chips that seem to do what I want are...
- Gyro Pitch & Roll LPR530AL $8.90
- Gyro Yaw········· LY530AL· $8.90
- ADC micro (Atmega328/PIC18F2xJ50/MC9S08xx for above)
- Gyro 3 axis L3G4200D (new part) $??? I2C
- Accelerometer 3 axis ADXL345· $6.16 I2C
- Compass 3 axis HMC5843········ $19.20 I2C
SMD085 (Bosch) 60-115kPa Pressure Sensor $8.97 or
- BMP085 (Bosch) 300-1100hPa Pressure & Temperature Sensor $8.97 I2C
SCP-1000-D01· 30-120kPa Pressor Sensor··· $29.73
- Ultrasonic Ping))) (optional - Parallax) $29.99 1-pin
(undecided and for later) PMB-248 or PMB-648 (optional - Parallax) $24.99/$34.99 Serial
Some of you may note that the 9DOF module from Sparkfun contains the first 4 Items and an Atmega 186 or 328 for $125. However, I want a prop!
The Accelerometer, Compass, Pressure & Temperature·
are I2C interface, so are easy.
The SCP-1000-D01 is SPI and·likewise easy.
are analog and require ADC. Can I and do I use the prop or place a cheap chip in between for the conversion ???·
More investigation needed.
The other requirement is the interface between these sensors, the RC unit, and the motors. I think I will use a second prop here (you know I believe in multiple props so this should come as no surprise). I am thinking of whether to use existing ESC's or roll my own MosFet design. I rather like the flexibility of my own drivers using the prop to control them.
Currently I have a Tower Pro 2409GS-18T Outrunner and 25A BEC (ESC). I am not sure if this is up to the task yet. $19.95 from HobbyCity. I will require 4 of these. I also have a Spectrum DX6i RC unit.
Once I am happy with the design I will make the pcbs.
Does anyone have any ideas, suggestions, comments, etc???
To whet your appetite, look at these Youtube videos..
Links to other interesting threads:
· Home of the MultiBladeProps: TriBlade,·RamBlade,·SixBlade, website
· Single Board Computer:·3 Propeller ICs·and a·TriBladeProp board (ZiCog Z80 Emulator)
· Prop Tools under Development or Completed (Index)
· Emulators: CPUs Z80 etc; Micros Altair etc;· Terminals·VT100 etc; (Index) ZiCog (Z80) , MoCog (6809)·
· Prop OS: SphinxOS·, PropDos , PropCmd··· Search the Propeller forums·(uses advanced Google search)
My cruising website is: ·www.bluemagic.biz·· MultiBlade Props: www.cluso.bluemagic.biz
Post Edited (Cluso99) : 4/25/2010 10:32:20 AM GMT