I am currently studying in Mechatronic Engineering. And one of my favourite subject is microcontroller. Here, we learn Basic Stamp 2, not the PIC. At first, I dont know why they choose Basic Stamp 2 rather than popular microcontroller like PIC. But after so much fun learning with Basic Stamp 2, I realize that it is easier than I thought! At first,·I learn about High, Low and Pause to make something simple, like blinking LED. Then·I·step forward by learning the IF and IN to make something simple like, push a button then the LED will blink for 5 times. To make more complicated and structural event,·I learned CASE·structure along with SERIN and SEROUT.·Only·4 months learning Basic Stamp 2 and I can create many things!·And now,·for the end·of·semester,·my lecturer want·everyone to think·of project, 15 projects to create! Here's what we·have think about:-
1. Door Indicator -·an indicator to show whether the door is open or not.
2. Rhymatic Blinking LED - with music (mono of course).
3. Washing·Machine - automatic washing machine
4. Heater·Temperature Warning - for·automatic control of heating process with overheat protection.
5.·4 Direction Robot -·with simple simulator, auto code generator and more.
6. Lamp On/Off With Time Control -·control when to on and off the lamp.
7.·Your Shoe Size - put your feet on the hardware and it well tell you the ideal shoe size.
8. Automatic Door -·detect·human, open the door, then close the door.
9. Gripper·+ Sensor - grip·if sensor detect something.
10. Mailbox -·warned when mail arrive and record·the time and date.
11.·Door Security -·numeric keyboard, enter password to open the door.
12. Water Level Indicator -·give you status of the water level in a tank, with automatic pump control.
13. Wind Speed - record the wind speed for analysis.
14.·Humidity - record the humidity for analysis.
15. Automatic·Perfume Spray - for room.
16.·Temperature Controlled Fan -·fan speed depends on the temperature.
17. Blender - automatic blender.
18. Music Box -·recreate existing music box with additional feature, more fun.
19. Noise Level Indicator - record noise level·for analysis.
20. Parking -·automatic parking.
21. Box Status -·calculate the items put in the box and·warned·when full.
22. Vendor Machine - I dont know what to call this, it something like the commercial one.
23. Emergency·Light - on when·blackout.
24.·Fish Auto Feeding - automatic feeder.
25. Barcode Reader - make our·own barcode reader and·database.
26.·Hamster's Cage System - it something like,·Intelligent Home Controller.
27. Quiz - make our own quiz system, 3 players, score status.
28.·Bridge -·open or close the bridge.
29. X Y Positioning - it something like,·simple storage system.
30. Temperature·Indicator - get the room temperature, record it.
Hah, that's all·that we can think about.·We only need 15 projects, but we have think 30 projects already. The project is already started and we have 1 more weeks to finish the projects.·We need to finish the hardware, controller/indicator software, and the BS2 codes.
* Thanks to Parallax for making the·automation world easier than I can thought!·