Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
PLX-Data Acquisition — Parallax Forums

PLX-Data Acquisition

ProphetProphet Posts: 6
edited 2009-07-09 19:16 in Accessories
Hello, I'm new to basic stamp; however i'm working on a project I need to know how does PLX-DATA acquisition works?
my goal is to save data from GPS receiver module which I bought from parallax.
please help anyone

Comments

• Mike GreenMike Green Posts: 23,101
    edited 2009-07-09 06:19
    Have you read the documentation for PLX-DAQ? Basically it's an add-on for Microsoft Excel. The Stamp sends serial data to the PC that includes information about where to put the data and the add-on listens to a serial port and interprets the incoming data.

www.parallax.com/ProductInfo/Microcontrollers/PLXDAQDataAcquisitiontool/tabid/393/Default.aspx
  • ProphetProphet Posts: 6
    edited 2009-07-09 06:26
    Does that meaning A PC has to be connecting to the microcontroller?
    Is it possible in my case for the GPS receiver module data sent to this program.
    How do I do the connection because i have no clue how i'm going to send the data from the gps module.
    edited 2009-07-09 12:04
    The PLX-DAQ program is a PC program. That and Excel have to be running to receive the information sent by the Stamp.

Have you read the documentation on the GPS module? It goes into detail on the information sent from the GPS module to the Stamp and includes sample programs.

Documentation on most Parallax products is always found on the webstore page for the Product. Find the Parallax webstore page for the GPS module and you'll find a list of links to documentation and sample code.
  • ProphetProphet Posts: 6
    edited 2009-07-09 19:07
    yes, I have read the documentation for the Gps; thank you very much.
    one more question, would it be easier if I would use data logger memory stick .
    because i want to store the data from the GPS, then retrieve afterward.
    do u have a simple code of how I can save the information from the GPS to the Datalogger memory stick.
    edited 2009-07-09 19:16
    The Parallax Memory Stick Datalogger would let you save the GPS data on a PC compatible USB memory.

There is sample code for the use of a datalogger with a Stamp. It's not specifically for use with GPS,
    but should be straightforward to adapt for your needs. Take a look at it.