Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Visual Studio Shell - Page 2 — Parallax Forums

Visual Studio Shell

2»

Comments

• Mike HuseltonMike Huselton Posts: 746
    edited 2009-06-07 05:06
    Since the wonder boys are not taking any responsibility, what punishment is fair to force this issue down the throats of the people that caused it.
    Since everybody ran for cover, it probably is a moot point find anybody to blame.
    I am leaning toward a social Democrat form of government.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    JMH
  • SamMishalSamMishal Posts: 468
    edited 2009-06-07 06:19
    jazzed said...

You can learn how to protect yourself from economic evils (and teach your kids). You can also learn how to profit from them [noparse]:)[/noparse]
    This is precisely the problem.....everybody wants an angle on how to profit from it....never mind that it is evil......
    ·
    This is like saying I can learn how to profit by selling slaves since everybody is buying slaves I might as well
    make money out of it.
    ·
    If your brother is a thief and he gives you presents that you keep knowing that they are stolen property....Are YOU
    a thief too???
    ·
    The problem with our society is that despite knowing that our GLOBAL BARONS are robbing the world blind and
    are causing misery everywhere .....we are having fun from the CRUMBS that are falling off their tables and
    since WE are fine .......never mind what they are doing.....we are making our 401K bigger and bigger........
    ·
    Well I could quote a hundred quotes from such revered personage as founding fathers and other philosophers.
    ·
    But call me prophet Samuel......when you turn a blind eye to the atrocities meted out to people around you
    you are going to get the same fate sooner or later...........

But that is HUMANITY.......survival of the nastiest.......might makes right

Earth is the biggest "Reality" Show ever.....................the gods must be mesmerized....

·
    Sam

Post Edited (SamMishal) : 6/7/2009 6:26:40 AM GMT
  • jazzedjazzed Posts: 11,803
    edited 2009-06-07 06:36
    Unfortunately in our society, we have to make money to live. Maybe that will change some day. Until then, we are all slaves one way or another ... except we are on our own to deal with whatever comes our way. May as well get used to it or "check out" [noparse]:)[/noparse]

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    --Steve

Propalyzer: Propeller PC Logic Analyzer
    http://forums.parallax.com/showthread.php?p=788230
  • Roy ElthamRoy Eltham Posts: 2,996
    edited 2009-06-07 10:30
    You guys all sound rather silly. Most of this thread is worthless drivel that has nothing to do with the original post.
    Evil? Good? intelligence sucking? Come on, seriously?

It's software. Use what you prefer. Let others use what they want. There no need to drag a thread off topic with garbage just because you have issues with certain people or companies.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Check out the Propeller Wiki·and contribute if you can.
    edited 2009-06-07 14:47
    Roy, the very first post mentions "Evil Overlords" ...·an open invitation to such drivel. Of course James was nice enough to offer guidance in this respect. I don't know where the other "evil" talk came from, but I offered guidance on learning how to avoid·it ... I didn't suffer that evil because I dug deep long ago. Perhaps you have not suffered that evil either - good for you. Cheers.
    James Michael Huselton said...
    The evil overlords wink.gif have released free for use of the Visual Studio Shell with all of the hooks to make it integrated with ANY compiler.
    I submit for your approval: msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/vsx2008/products/bb933751.aspx

If MS products, even free, taint your computer then move along folks, nothing to see here.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    --Steve

edited 2009-06-08 18:02
    What a pic. Oh my, so many undertones. If MS had invented Java it would have been a very different story [noparse]:)[/noparse]
    At least Java made it so we that don't have to have BASIC forever shoved up our *** like that draconian skewer.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    --Steve

• PraxisPraxis Posts: 333
    edited 2009-06-08 18:37
    @jazzed, ain't that the truth.

For those of you who have an interest in such things here are some screen shots of Visual Studio Shell wrapped around my Basic for the Propeller compiler.

Cheers.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Adaequatio Rei Et Intellectus
    1280 x 771 - 85K
    1280 x 771 - 90K
  • Toby SeckshundToby Seckshund Posts: 2,027
    edited 2009-06-08 20:42
    The answer to my question "800Mb ???" is probably answered by all those preaty shading and rounded corners. Just as XP is W2000 with a makeover, don't worry about the memory hogged or the mips wasted.

I hear that W7 is to be a throttled back Vista so that it vill run without a complete new set of periferals etc etc as one guy did at my works. And he defends it!!!!!

Bring back the Luddites! Heater, crank up the Abucus production.
  • mparkmpark Posts: 1,305
    edited 2009-06-08 21:35
    Hey Praxis, I was wondering what ever happened to your Basic project. Looks like it's coming along.
  • PraxisPraxis Posts: 333
    edited 2009-06-09 08:02
    Hi mpark,

In actual fact I have not done much with it in the last few months as I have been up to the eyeballs with other work.

The compiler started life using the VS Shell which is a btich to work with let alone bloated to the extreme, I subsequently wrote an IDE from scratch as you are aware. When time allows I will get back to the Basic compiler.

On the subject of MS bloatware, we used to say that MS should bundle a free hard drive with each new release of an OS or Office etc.

Cheers.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Adaequatio Rei Et Intellectus