Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Propeller Resource Index - Page 2 — Parallax Forums

Propeller Resource Index

2»

Comments

• Chris SavageChris Savage Parallax Engineering Posts: 14,406
    edited 2015-04-17 10:35
    David,

I added the stuff in your sig line (please confirm accuracy) but you didn't provide links for the other stuff so I haven't added that yet.

As a note I fixed the links for the Propeller Tool and PST.
  • DavidZemonDavidZemon Posts: 2,973
    edited 2015-04-17 10:41
    OmniaCreator
    Cross platform, free, and open source C/C++ IDE for Makers that brings powerful code editing and data visualization capabilities to your fingertips

libpropeller
    Open source collection of C++ Propeller GCC objects
    edited 2015-04-17 10:55
    Added. Does everything look okay? Please verify the links as this stuff has to be added manually with the forum software being borked. =)
  • DavidZemonDavidZemon Posts: 2,973
    edited 2015-04-17 11:02
    All links verified :) looks good
  • The first one in the list as it applies to the Propeller Education Kit Labs. That one isn't at home.

However this one https://www.parallax.com/product/32305 is present on the main site. Which oddly wasn't there earlier today......
  • Chris Savage,
    The links 1.The tutorials assembly for the bigginer is broken
    2.The D'Silvas tutorials is also broken.

Siri
    I updated some more links. Some are completely broken like the First SPIN and the Propeller Webinars. These aren't forum threads but rather, external links. In the case of the webinars I am not sure the data is on the Parallax website currently.
  • sanandaksanandak Posts: 18
    edited 2018-03-22 16:35
    Chris, all - I have published a book on Propeller programming in C and PASM (this was originally on Leanpub as downloadable book and is now available as a paper softcover, as well being downloadable).

Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/Propeller-Programming-Using-Assembler-Spin/dp/1484233530/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1521736451&sr=8-1&keywords=Propeller+Programming+Using+Assembler,+Spin,+and+C

and at the publisher's website:
    Apress: https://www.apress.com/us/book/9781484233535
    where the Table of Contents and short previews of the chapters are available.

It is available in paper and e-book (kindle).

Hope it is of help for folks looking to get started with PASM or C programming of the prop.
    Sincerely,
    Sridhar
  • I adjusted the Amazon link as it pointed to the incorrect book.
  • ouch - thanks! (red face emoji)
    Sridhar
  • Hi Chris. Have you checked these Propeller Resource Index links recently? Many of them seem to be broken.
  • Jim_Arlow wrote: »
    Hi Chris. Have you checked these Propeller Resource Index links recently? Many of them seem to be broken.

I believe that Chris is no longer with Parallax.

• I asked Jim in a PM a couple of days ago to supply me with the broken links to see if I can fix them.
  • Sorry - I am on holiday at the moment - I will get back to you with the broken links as soon as I can!
  • Here is a list of all of the broken links. They are more or less in the order you find them on the page - there is some really good stuff here!

View Archived Parallax Propeller Webinars

First Spin - What do you get when you combine an experienced programmer, a self taught programmer, and someone with zero experience programming? First Spin!

Propeller Manual, Propeller Datasheet, Propeller Diagrams, Schematics and

ImagesParallax Video Library

NOTE: BOTH The ViewPort links point to BlocklyProp not ViewPort

Propalyzer - Steve (jazzed)

Current list of Propeller Boards (Parallax and 3rd Party)

What is your favorite Propeller Board?

How to safely interface a 5V signal to the Propeller

2008 Propeller Design Contest Winners

Why the Propeller Works - Chip Gracey

Propeller Tricks & Traps - Phil Pilgrim

Good Thread Index - Graham Stabler

Best of Propeller Applications - OBC

Building Blocks to the Propeller Chip - Anthony Myatt

CadSoft Eagle EDA Propeller Library
  • PublisonPublison Posts: 12,366
    edited 2018-08-05 17:04
    Thanks for the list, Jim. I'll start looking into them.

Wow! Lots of broken links. Some are off site, (third party), that are not there any more. Some are from Parallaxsemiconductor and Parallaxinc that no longer exist.

I can find some on the waybackmachine but links are usually missing from there.

Going to take a while to fix.
  • Is there anything I could do to help get these links fixed? I'm in the process of seriously learning the Propeller but found that a lot of these are still broken. Does Parallax have a wiki of some kind we might be able to move a lot of this great info to by chance? Or would there be interest in such a thing?
  • You could help by looking for those broken links and actually posting them here.

For broken links to this here forum, use the search function (or, if you value your sanity, use google, but add site:parallax.com to your queries) to find them. The forum has been migrated between multiple softwares, so none of the old links work, but the posts are still out there.

For external links, try the waybackmachine ( web.archive.org ) to find an archived copy
  • I may have missed it, but Raymond Allen has shared a wealth of knowledge both here in the forums and also on his website at www.rayslogic.com - Any resource list that omits him is incomplete IMO.

https://www.rayslogic.com/Propeller/Propeller.htm

Reviewing his video driver code helped me understand many of the intricacies of generating video signals on the P1. It appears he's carried that torch to the P2 as well.