All Blog Entries

1. Programming leg movements

Quote Originally Posted by DiverBob View Post
    My entry from a few days ago disappeared, must not have gone out correctly. Anyway, I'm off of night shift and am getting used to sleeping during the night again.

I got a new software routine developed where I send the femur (lift) motor the desired angle and the femur moves to that position. I mapped out all the angle ADC values from 35 (minimum angle) to 155 degrees (maximun angle) in 5 degree increments. I plotted the results and they aren't exactly linear. I was unable to develop
    Categories
    Propeller , ‎ Programming , ‎ Robotics
  2. Is there a recommended external DAC that works well with the prop?

I may need to understand this later.....

Quote Originally Posted by jmg View Post
    One detail to watch if looking for precision, is the way the DUTY mode works, is it is really Pulse Density Modulation.

The gotcha hiding in PDM, is the tplh and tphl times matter, and any skew will give a change in voltage, especially at large changes in pulse density.

I believe the scope shot in Fig 11 of AN001, is showing such an effect : notice the step at 50%

This is somewhat aggravated by
    Categories
    Propeller
  3. New laptop, computing in heaven..............

by , 04-24-2012 at 11:58 PM (WBA Consulting's Propeller Project Blog)
    So, my tried and true HP 6715b laptop that was 4 years old began giving me hourly reminders of it's favorite color: blue. Sad to see it go, (ok, not really), but it was replaced with an HP Elitebook 8560p running Windows 7 64 Bit Enterprise with 4GB of RAM. I also got an upgraded second display; a 23" matte LCD running at 1920x1080 resolution.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	desk2.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	487.5 KB
ID:	91975
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Solder with Parallax at the USA Science & Engineering Festival

This weekend at the Walter E. Washington Convention Center in DC, Parallax will be soldering our fun Scribbler 2 LED Badges. If you have never soldered before this is a great way to get started. Badges are free and our instructional video by Jessica Uelmen, Engineering Manager, will take solderers step by step through the process. Besides soldering, our Boe-Bots will be running around, and the new ELEV-8 Quadcopter will be on display.

If you’re in the DC area, make sure to stop by booth ...

Updated 04-24-2012 at 09:13 PM by Lauren Davis

Categories
    DIY and Hacks , ‎ Art and Display
  5. Universal NRF24L01 Library

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Digital View Post
    Hello!

4 projects, 3 for LPCXpresso (NXP chips), and one for SimpleIDE (Propeller chip).
    An example sends the string "Hola", and others receive.

LED blinks when receives the right information, and blink when the transmitter is sending.

http://luisdigital.com/proyectos/nrf24l01/
    Download your copy today, free of charge.
    Categories
    Propeller , ‎ Programming