Since this leg design seems pretty stable I ordered all the aluminum for completing the rest of the Hexapod. The order come out to over $500 but that is enough material to keep me busy for a while.
Since I fried my prop board I placed an order with Parallax for a QuickStart board, however they are on backorder until next week. So I'll spend some time on the CAD program drawing up the layout for the main body. I'm getting 2 14"x14" x .25" Al plates for the body. I have
There are two ways of constructing a software design: One way is to make it so simple that there are obviously no deficiencies, and the other way is to make it so complicated that there are no obvious deficiencies. The first method is far more difficult.
I wonder if we can achieve the simple way with PropForth? The goal, and the rule of thumb, is "simplest possible to get the job done".
Originally Posted by DiverBob
Between vacation and work I haven't had as much time to devote to the project as I planned. Also figuring out the leg down sensor and collision sensing assembly was not going where I wanted it to. After building and testing several options I ended up with what turns out to be the simplest design of all.
The photo above is the basic internal assembly made of 1 inch aluminum. A oring groove is machined in one end for at 7/8" ID and 1/8 diameter medium
Hi Parallax Customers,
If you’ve been wondering what’s keeping us busy at Parallax this month, I can tell you, it’s the upcoming Parallax Robotics and Microcontrollers Expo. We’re so excited about this event and April 13th and 14th is right around the corner. The interest in our event so far has been overwhelming and we can hardly wait to show our fellow robotics enthusiasts, school groups and community all the awesome things we do here everyday at Parallax. The event has gotten so
Finished up machining the leg down sensor housing tonight. I ended up using a spring instead of Bellville washers because I wanted about .25 inch movement and that would have been a lot of washers! The housing is designed to limit the total amount of movement so the limit switch isn't broken. I also used a lever actuated switch which gave me a greater range of motion possible. For impact sensing the force sensors will be arranged inside of the housing, a large 1/8" oring is used to activate