MagIO2

1. The CogOS approach - part 4 - SD goes EEPROM

!!! PLEASE BE AWARE THAT THIS LOOSELY ATTACHED/ADDED CODE IS DIRECTLY COPIED FROM MY WORKING FOLDERS AND DON'T NECESSARILY COMPILE OR RUN PROPERLY WITHOUT CHANGES !!!

In part 3 the keyboard driver has been split up in 2 parts, in PASM and No PASM pieces. The PASM part for storing the driver in EEPROM, the NO PASM part for usage in the programs. Loading and starting the driver was part of the application.
    In this case it was really easy, because the pin assignment is still done ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Files
  2. The CogOS approach - part 3 - coming closer ...

!!! PLEASE BE AWARE THAT THIS LOOSELY ATTACHED/ADDED CODE IS DIRECTLY COPIED FROM MY WORKING FOLDERS AND DON'T NECESSARILY COMPILE OR RUN PROPERLY WITHOUT CHANGES !!!

part 1 described how things evolved, and part 2 jumped in to show some of the code that evolved. With part 3 we get closer to what I have currently running.

Part 1 ended with the sentence:
    "If I remember right the next change was to divide existing drivers in 2 parts, the PASM part and the ...

Updated 02-05-2011 at 09:32 AM by MagIO2

Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. The CogOS approach - part 2 - some examples / files

Ok .. I did not give any code in my first blog entry. The reason is that I first had to search for it on my old PC. So, let's continue the blog with some code I talked about last time.

How to store PASM code in files and use these:
    ==============================================
    "First ...

Updated 02-03-2011 at 07:33 PM by MagIO2 (Added warning)

Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. The COG OS approach

COG OS is far away from being finished, as it's more an evolution. From the oldest timestamps of involved files, I must have started it in June 2009.

What's the goal of COG OS?
    Well, I think there are 2 parts. 1st one is what you know from DOS and other commandline OSes. It shall support to handle the system. Checking files on the file system, moving drivers into the upper EEPROM, list the installed drivers and so on.
    I think the second part is more usefull in general: ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized