W9GFO

1. Quick S2 tailwheel mod

My S2's tailwheel was making a lot of noise when driving on hard surfaces, especially while turning. The solution, remove the two screws that hold the wheel in place, remove the axle and apply a grain-of-rice sized drop of grease and spread it around the middle of the axle, reassemble. Silicone grease would be ideal, I used some grease that came with my tool box that is meant for drawer slides.

Now the tailwheel is silent but moves freely.

Rich H
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. S2 internal Pen Lifter

Here is my latest S2 mod. It is an internal pen lifter. I wanted to have a way to lift the pen without it being obvious that it was modified. It also has the advantage that it will work with the Sharpies that do not have the clips on the caps.

Materials required: paper clip, Pepsi can, naro sized servo and some hot glue.

The paperclip is formed into a lift ring that ...

Updated 12-30-2010 at 09:56 PM by W9GFO

Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. XBee and S2, with the help of a PowerTwig

Since the XBee is 3.3V and the hacker port supplies 5.0V, it needs a regulator. PowerTwig to the rescue!

Updated 12-10-2010 at 12:38 AM by W9GFO

Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. S2 and XBee

More to follow...

Categories
    Uncategorized
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	S2XBee1.jpg‎
Views:	677
Size:	23.8 KB
ID:	76186  
  5. Editable? Yes, it is. Even the title!

Is it a normal feature in blogs that you cannot edit you posts? If so, prepare for some worse than usual grammar and spelling...

edit: okay I figured it out. There is a pencil icon that appears to the right of the title when you mouse over it.

Updated 12-03-2010 at 08:06 AM by W9GFO

Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast