PDA

View Full Version : Stamp Works Experiment Kit

Wireguy
03-30-2007, 02:41 AM
I was wondering how is the development board mounted for the experiments? In other words what keeps it from shorting out? Does it just lay on a piece of anti-static foam? I don't see any hole for stand-offs or rubber feet.

Wireguy
03-30-2007, 03:05 AM
OK I recieved an E-mail saying Paul SR replied to my post, but I don't see it here.

Paul Sr.
03-30-2007, 03:20 AM
I did reply, then deleted it - I forgot about the Email!! Sorry about that!

What I said was "Peel and stick rubber bumpers (feet)" - but then I decided I better check that since I haven't looked at the bottom of the board in many moons! I believe that's what I put on there, though.

Wireguy
03-30-2007, 03:37 AM
OK Paul...I didn't think it would just lay on my workbench. If it can go wrong...I can wrong it! Thanks for the reply

Chris Savage
03-30-2007, 11:58 PM
Hello,

Your PDB should have come with 8 rubber feet which stick onto the bottom of the board. These keep the PCB from touching the surface you’re working on. Take care.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
Chris Savage
Parallax Tech Support

PAR
03-31-2007, 12:37 PM
Wireguy said...
OK Paul...I didn't think it would just lay on my workbench. If it can go wrong...I can wrong it! Thanks for the reply
Even with the rubber feet applied to the bottom of the board, you will probably still find that if it can go wrong, it will. So, be careful still about stuff getting under the board which could create shorts.

PAR