PDA

View Full Version : Looking for older Laptop

Brian Carpenter
03-12-2007, 08:18 AM
I am looking for an older ibm thinkpad or similar laptop with serial port and printer port. preferably with a windows OS in the sub $120.00 price range. Anyone have one laying around?

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔

It's Only A Stupid Question If You Have Not Googled It First!!

Phil Pilgrim (PhiPi)
03-12-2007, 11:38 AM
Brian,

I don't think you'll get much of a laptop for $120. I'd spend the extra bucks and get a reconditioned Thinkpad from www.thinkpaddepot.com (http://www.thinkpaddepot.com). I've had good luck with them.

-Phil

kjennejohn
03-12-2007, 02:45 PM
Hey, that sorta sounds like what I found on Ebay recently. I was toying with the idea of using an older laptop for a portable serial terminal to use for testing product, and maybe updating code. They are readily available, with printer and serial ports, for less than $120. Unfortunately, they are largely a crapshoot, especially if you want assurances of a working battery. A lot are there for parts. They are available at Ebay, though, so at least try a look. If that doesn't work, try Phil's source of reconditioned Thinkpads.

'Luck!
kenjj

Brian Carpenter
03-12-2007, 10:57 PM
I ended up on Dell Outlet and picked up a C610 1.2gig processor and 512 ram yadii yadi ya. for $300 should work great.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔

It's Only A Stupid Question If You Have Not Googled It First!!