PDA

View Full Version : where to find a cheap chassis

Johnny-5
11-28-2006, 04:13 PM
i am looking for somthing about 4x the size of the boe-bot and with tank tread, all the chassis i find close to that are like $400+ are there any cheaper ones out there?

Zoot
11-28-2006, 09:54 PM
Toys R Us online has some RC tanks in the < $100 range that might be what you are looking for.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. -- HST

Chris Savage
11-29-2006, 12:32 AM
Johnny 5,

The tank shown below (with me for scale) is a lot bigger than you requested, but was gotten for around $100.00 from Wal-Mart after the Christmas Season a year ago. It has since had the stock relay control system removed and two HB-25 Motor Controllers installed in their place. This tank also has a moving turret (not shown) that will be put back after the internal stuff is done. The turret will have PING))) Modules and some other goodies, including a camera for live video feedback. Again, these platforms can be gotten cheap after the Christmas Holiday and are great for hacking. Take care.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
Chris Savage
Parallax Tech Support

Robert Ash
11-30-2006, 01:00 AM
Track kits for VEX robots may work. Do not know of the strength rating. Myth Busters have built a dual treads demo bot using them. Try Vexlabs.com for the track kit. http://www.botmag.com/articles/mythbusters_test_the_vex_robotics_design_system_1. shtml ,for the writeup of test.
Robert

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
ND,BGA

A.C. fishing
11-30-2006, 09:03 AM
If you want, you can custom order your own chassis from www.pololu.com

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔

Somebody said...
-Never Underestimate the power of human stupidity.