PDA

View Full Version : no basic stamps found

Chriroz
11-28-2006, 03:08 PM
I'm using a Board of education and a Basic stamp2 for quite a while now but i ran in to this problem:
If i try to program the robot from my laptop (old toshiba, win XP) i always get this error: "no BASIC stamps found" (yes, the stamp is switched on and the cable is conected right and there are NO other programs that use this port) i use the basic stamp editor v2.2.6
the strange thing is: I CAN program all my pics (for other projects) with the same serial port and cable but an other program

what can it be and how to fix it?

Chris

Wissam Ch.
11-28-2006, 03:15 PM
Hi ,
I faced a similar situation , but with the usb version of the BOE.
All what i did is plug another device in the port (such as a digital camera) and let the system recognize it , then remove it and plug back my BOE.
Hope this might help.
Regards

Chriroz
11-28-2006, 04:41 PM
I already tried something like that: I programmed my pic's with that cable and port and after that i tried to program my BOE but it didn't work.

Chris Savage
11-28-2006, 11:09 PM
Since this is a laptop, do you have the FIFO Buffers for the COM Port disabled?

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
Chris Savage
Parallax Tech Support

Chriroz
11-28-2006, 11:35 PM
how do i check or change that?

Chris Savage
11-29-2006, 12:34 AM
Go to your Control Panel, System Properties, Hardware Tab, Device Manager, Ports. There you can double-click the COM Port and go to Port Settings, Advanced. Be sure the box labeled, “Use FIFO Buffers” is unchecked, then click okay.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
Chris Savage
Parallax Tech Support

Chriroz
11-29-2006, 06:05 AM
It was checked indeed (and i disabled it) but it still doesn't work. it searches for stamps for about 1 second (wich is short) and than gives an "no BASIC stamps found" error. i also installed bluesoleil on my laptop can that be an problem (it doesn't use the port)

Chris Savage
11-29-2006, 07:42 AM
Hello,

Do you have another computer, preferably a desktop that you could verify this problem on?

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
Chris Savage
Parallax Tech Support

Chriroz
11-29-2006, 04:13 PM
Hey, it suddenly works!!! I think i just had to reboot after changing those settings. thanks you for your help!!!

Chris Savage
11-29-2006, 11:22 PM
Glad you got it working…Take care.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
Chris Savage
Parallax Tech Support