PDA

View Full Version : Eagle/Parallax Library concept

T Chap
09-13-2006, 03:24 AM
It would be great if there were one location where any libraries that get created for Eagle (or other PCB software) could be uploaded and shared. I have most Parallax Ic Libraries, but need to start building libraries for accessories, the Memsic 2125 Ic for example. Anyone agree?

T Chap
09-13-2006, 04:10 AM
Here is the Memsic2125.lbr for anyone interested.

merlin
09-13-2006, 11:36 PM
I think this is a great idea. Many of us use Eagle to work our own PCB's and the lack of libraries is an issue during design.
Can you post the Parallac IC libraries you have mentioned in your post?
Thanks in advance

merlin

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔

Visit my Personal Home Page:

http://darnoff.vtrbandaancha.net/

Ken Gracey
09-14-2006, 01:16 AM
Hey guys,

I can see that most of our customers on the forums are using Eagle, and we should be able to provide a better hosting location for your Eagle files. There are several options for doing this which I can think of quite easily:

Forums, such as in this thread. Fine, but the thread will soon dissapear and because our forum search engine stinks you may never find your files again. On the Parallax web site, after you e-mail them to us. On a new section of the web similar to the Propeller "Object Exchange" where you can upload/download your own files without our intervention. Make a sticky thread in the "Sandbox" called "Eagle files" and direct all posters to put their Eagle files in that location.

I want to choose the best option with the highest probability of success. I don't like to create failure-prone systems. Some of these, such as 2 above may involve too much intervention from our staff and delays in making customer-generated files available.

What's your opinion on the approach most likely to ensure success and access, given some of my input above?

Ken Gracey
Parallax, Inc.

Bruce Bates
09-14-2006, 01:32 AM
Ken -

Given the choice, I'd vote for the "Object Exchange" method if it's not too much of a problem for you folks.

Regards,

Bruce Bates

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
<!--StartFragment -->

Brian Carpenter
09-14-2006, 01:04 PM
Ken, I too would apreciate the 'object exhange' way. but could we also add other libraries for other design software? I use eagle now because i am tring to learn it but i use the ExpressPCB alot... Thanks

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔

It's Only A Stupid Question If You Have Not Googled It First!!

T Chap
09-14-2006, 05:04 PM
"Object exchange" sounds like a good idea. There is one issue to deal with regardless of the format however: I downloaded an SX library a few days ago that had a minor problem (resonator pins were attached backwards), so there needs to be a way to update libraries with errors that turn up.

Way OT stuuf related to Eagle:

PCBexpress.com will accept Eagle .BRD files for production. No need to hassle with CAD processing, just send them a zipped file of your board and 3 days later you have them back and they are excellent every time.

For the hardcore DIY PCB makers, Eagle has a ULP called PCBGCode that turns your board into Gcode that you can run on a mill. I have done it a few times and it works really well, simple too. If interested, google up pcbgcode, th ULP is found usually on John Johnson's yahoo forum and also Cadsoftusa.com as well.

willthiswork89
09-14-2006, 11:23 PM
IT does sound like a good idea, Finding these schematics and objects is not very easy, i dug for hours one night and finally gave up!

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
-Learn somthing about everything, and Everthing about somthing-

Dave Paton
09-14-2006, 11:29 PM
Another vote for the object exchange.

You know Ken, the isea of an ObEx is pretty popular. Perhaps there should be a Parallax ObEx site where there's a subset for everything? I know, not right now, but someday...

-dave

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
This is not a sig. This is a duck. Quack.

Ken Gracey
09-14-2006, 11:55 PM
Well, you guys opted for the most fuctional system for posting schematics and Eagle files. I'll get together with the IT Guy and see if we can create an "Eagle Exchange" for your files. But if we make this, you need to use it. There's nothing that a big IT Guy who rides a Harley dislikes more than creating good systems that don't get put to use. While the Sticky Post approach is functional, it's probably not a good long-term solution. However, you can edit your own posts so it has similar characteristics to the "Eagle Exchange" kind of approach.

Dave, nice to see you on the forums again. I think you must have been quite busy lately with your job, or repairing a home. . .

Ken Gracey
Parallax, Inc.