PDA

View Full Version : Stamp Not Working

Mr. Him
05-23-2006, 10:09 AM
I have a BS2 USB that does not work at all. When running a program it simply says "stamp not found". I have checked that the stamp is plugged in, is on, I have the drivers installed, etc. Is it possible that it is fried and I am screwed?

Forrest
05-23-2006, 10:16 AM
What exactly is a BS2 USB? Last time I checked, Parallax doesn't sell a BS2 attached to a USB port.

Chris Savage
05-23-2006, 01:14 PM
Is this perhaps a BS1 USB?· Or are you using a USB Board Of Education with a BS2 on it?· If so how are you powering the board?· Is the computer a laptop or desktop?· Have you tried lowering the USB Latency Timer setting in the advanced Port Settings in the Device Manager?

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
Chris Savage
Parallax Tech Support
csavage@parallax.com (mailto:csavage@parallax.com)

Mr. Him
05-24-2006, 05:00 AM
http://www.parallax.com/detail.asp?product_id=28803

9v battery still around 7v.

desk

No.

Chris Savage
05-24-2006, 05:18 AM
Try a new battery...Lower the Latency timer...Verify that the Stamp Editor is seeing the port that was assigned by the USB Driver.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
Chris Savage
Parallax Tech Support
csavage@parallax.com (mailto:csavage@parallax.com)

Dave T
06-21-2006, 04:19 AM
I have been using a Bs2SX on a Borad of Education for some simple servo control experiments for several years successfully on a desktop PC. Recently I upgraded to a laptop (with no serial port), so I bought a cable that converts USB to Serial (iDotconnect-usb 1.1), but so far, I can't get it to work. Meaning that I cannot dowload my .bsx code to the Stamp. I get the "No Basic Stamp found" message. I have selected COM4 port and have loaded the device drivers that come with the cable. Do you have any suggestions of how I can trouble-shoot this?

Dave T
06-21-2006, 04:21 AM
I saw a suggestion about "Latency Timer" but don't know how to adjust that--is it a PC or Stamp Editor setting?

dandreae
06-21-2006, 07:39 AM
DaveT,

If you go into your "Device Manager" and click on "Ports" and then click on the USB to serial com port that is listed you will see a "Port Settings" tab, click on the "Port Settings" tab and then click on the "Advanced" button in the middle of the page and you should see a "Latency Timer" in the middle of the page.· We normally like to change it from 16 to 1·regarding timing issues.

Dave

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
Dave Andreae

Tech Support
dandreae@parallax.com (mailto:dandreae@parallax.com)
http://www.parallax.com

·

Dave T
06-21-2006, 11:00 PM
Thank you, Dave, I appreciate your help.