PDA

View Full Version : phone line interface problem

antonis
01-29-2006, 12:52 AM
i have construct this circuit from bs2 book and i define input pin0 and i have put a relay on pin 1
I wrote the code:

HIGHи1ииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииии ииииииииииииииииииии' ON HOOK
DTMF 0,[6,9,7,2,8,9,5,6,1,8]ииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииии ' CALL 6972-895618 MY MOBILE NUMBER
PAUSE 10000иииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииии ииииииииии ' PAUSE 10sec for wait to call
LOW 1иииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииии иииииииииииииии ' OFF HOOK
END

I connect this on my phone line and the problem where i have is howи i heared call numbers but the line tone is like i don;t call what i do wrong,
thanks.

mk:@MSITStore:C:\Program%20Files\Parallax%20Inc\St amp%20Editor%20v2.2.5\PBASIC.chm::/graphics/daa_sch.gif

Jon Williams
01-29-2006, 12:59 AM
It's always very tricky connecting directly to a phone line and, in fact, it's not legal without FCC (in the US, anyway) approved equipment -- called a DAA. For your experiments, you might try modifying the DTMF timing so that your "buttons" are being pressed longer; if the line or interface quality is suspect, this will give the receiving end more time to decode the DTMF digit.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
Jon Williams
Applications Engineer, Parallax

Chris Savage
01-29-2006, 01:04 AM
Another thing that could just be mis-worded comments is it says your code putting the phone ON HOOK before dialing.и It should be OFF HOOK or else the line will never get the tones.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
Chris Savage
Parallax Tech Support
csavage@parallax.com (mailto:csavage@parallax.com)