02-18-2012, 12:24 AM
Can anyone tell me where to find that thread that linked to a video of Norm Abrams showing off the piano makers toolbox?
02-18-2012, 12:30 AM
Here's the video. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6cGNT-RSkEU
02-18-2012, 12:40 AM
That tool chest is just too cool. I am in the process of reorganizing a lot of stuff, and the subject of tool organization came up. I just thought I would share that video with another person. Thanks for the link.
02-18-2012, 01:05 AM
Here is a free wallpaper download for your desktop, (scroll down a bit and pick your screen size.)
You can also buy the full size poster from Fine Wood Working >> Here (http://store.finewoodworking.com/the-studley-tool-chest-poster-011083.html)<<
02-18-2012, 08:48 AM
...I am in the process of reorganizing a lot of stuff, and the subject of tool organization came up...
The best thing I ever did was to get about 10 different colors / models of tool boxes. Then designate each tool box for one type of thing / work. And label them. Like...
1. Screwdrivers, allen, security screw drivers.
3. Woodworking - hammers, clamps, pry bars.
4. Socket sets / drivers / torque wrench.
5. Electrical (house 120 volt+), wire stripers, kleins, wire nuts, small fish tape, romex clamps, etc.
6. Low voltage electrical - automotive electrical, crimp connectors, spade lugs, crimp tool, etc.
7. Phone / cable TV - coax, satellite TV tools and connectors.
8. Electronic test tools - multimeters, stud finder, etc. (keep in house to keep batteries from freezing.)
9. Measuring / marking - tape measures, wire size gauge, screw size gauge, pencils, felt markers, etc.
10. Cutting - drill bits, utility knives, saw blades, hack saw, etc.
Then if I have a project, I can just grab the tool boxes I need. And best of all, if I am doing something for someone else, very easy to grab the tools I need and load in the car/truck.
Also because the tool boxes are all different and different colors, easy to see the box I need. I had to go to several different stores to find that many different tool boxes.